Account Executive (Commercial Insurance)
Responsible for servicing and marketing the needs of clients to maximize company revenue, and to build and maintain client, carrier, other provider, and associate relationships. Coordinate all resources to provide quality client service.
* Understand the overall business, operations, and real estate client needs of the client; anticipate when and how to respond.Understand and perform marketing and account services to provide the broadest and most competitive quality product for clients
* Understand and is well-informed on insurance industry developments and all products available in the insurance marketplace
* Develop and maintain dependable working relationships with carriers and other providers
* Coordinate marketing strategies and selection for new and renewal business, and maintain communication with the account team during the entire marketing process to protect current business and secure new business
* Build and maintain effective relationships with clients to provide the best possible service on a timely basis. Demonstrate the ability to instill confidence and comfort with the client
* Coordinate the renewal of current client business:
* provide renewal notice to Producer and set up renewal meeting 120 days prior
* complete exposure checklist;
- create and update coverage specifications;
* deliver submission to markets;
* review quotes and prepare proposal;
* arrange and perform renewal presentation to client;
* bind coverage with underwriters prior to expiration;
* prepare instructions for renewal to company;
* process renewal account with assistance of the Account Administrator and Account Manager;
* review work prepared by the Account Administrator and Account Manager;
* prepare summaries, complete final policy checks, close items to discuss in proposal mailing, or deliver policies to client
* Undertake responsibility for new business as directed
* Respond to and fulfill the requirements generated by the Renewal Assistance Program (RAP) report; update the RAP Report when a task is completed
* May assist collection supervisor and Producer in collection efforts.
* Responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of client service plans
* Responsible for the preparation and delivery of stewardship reports
* Process policy endorsements with the assistance of the Account Administrator and Account Manager
* Perform tasks not assigned to the Account Administrator or Account Manager
* Arrange for loss run schedules for clients, when appropriate
* Prepare written correspondence, reports, and analyses, as needed
* Analyze situations, identify problems, recommend solutions, and evaluate outcomes
* Respond in a timely manner to the requests and needs of clients and other associates
* Make a positive contribution to customer satisfaction and constantly strive to improve service to the customer
* Communicate in a positive manner to contribute to a cohesive, pleasant work environment. Motivate, instruct, and promote teamwork and associate development
* Keep abreast of market conditions and new products
* Make decisions in compliance with established agency standards of quality performance and service
* Understand when to proceed alone and when to involve the Producer or others
* Interface with top management of other businesses, representing Lockton in the highest professional manner
* Protect the confidentiality of information learned by performing the duties of the position
* Comply with agency procedures and policies
* Accumulate required continuing education credits to maintain current insurance license
* Attend company and department meetings, position-related seminars/classes, carrier functions, and social events as required
* Responsible for regular and punctual attendance
* Perform other work-related duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in a business-related program preferred or equivalent education and/or experience required
* A minimum of 7 years' working knowledge of commercial property and casualty coverages and services required, real estate experience: condos, multi-family homes, etc.
* A minimum of 5 years' experience marketing and servicing the insurance needs of commercial accounts required
* Current insurance license or the ability to obtain immediately required.
* Must have a complete understanding of the concepts, issues, and overall impact of marketing and pricing
* Willingness to expand knowledge and effectiveness in the insurance industry by successful completion of extended insurance education beyond continuing education requirements for licensing
* Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel required; PowerPoint preferred
* Ability to compile, analyze, and interpret financial information and data to facilitate decision making
* Organizational and time management skills to prioritize workloads to meet time sensitive deadlines required. Must be results-oriented with the ability to change priorities as needed
* Must have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to interact with associates at all levels of responsibility, along with the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy
* Demonstrated professional, tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives
* Demonstrated ability to instill confidence and comfort with clients.
* Legally able to work in the United States
I am Lori Bierschbach and I look forward to having a conversation with you about your aspirations for a future career. Please contact me at (605) 799-8625 to have a conversation about this exciting career advancement opportunity!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.