Through the Looking Glass (TLG) is seeking an Accountant. TLG is a Berkeley-based, and internationally recognized, nonprofit organization serving children and families with disabilities.
Employment type: Full-time
Benefits: TLG offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, paid to time off, paid holidays, long-term disability, and life insurance
The accountant’s responsibilities include preparing financial reports; performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, preparing tax returns, assisting with audit preparation and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
The accountant reports directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for all aspects of financial management, including accounting, budgeting, financial and grant reporting, government compliance, and some aspects of administration. This is a Full-time position.
• At least 5+ years of financial experience in the nonprofit sector.
• A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university BS in Accounting, Finance or Business.
• Knowledge of non-profit accounting, grant/fund management, accounting policies and procedures, GAAP.
• Computer proficiency, including advanced knowledge of spreadsheet functions, financial and accounting software applications, and ADP.
• Ability to generate, analyze and explain financial reports.
• Very hands on self-starter with the ability to manage multiple projects efficiently.
• Excellent verbal, written communication, analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and time constraints.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
This is a full-time position for immediate hire. Salary based on experience and qualifications. People of color and people with personal or family disability experience are encouraged to apply. TLG is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Through the Looking Glass is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit our website for more information about TLG: www.lookingglass.org
To apply please email resumes to TLG.
Contact: Megan Kirshbaum, Ph.D., Executive Director Re: Senior Accountant
Email: humanresources @ lookingglass.org
CELEBRATING 39 YEARS OF SERVICE TO THE DISABILITY COMMUNITY
Through the Looking Glass (TLG) is a disability community-based nonprofit organization in Berkeley, California. TLG has pioneered clinical and supportive services, as well as national training and research serving families in which one or more members – whether parent or child - has a disability or medical issue. Since its founding in 1982 TLG has provided infant mental health or infant/parent /family therapy and relationship-based developmental services. TLG’s mission is “To provide and encourage respectful and empowering services—guided by personal disability experience and disability culture—for families that have children, parents, or grandparents with a disability or medical issues.” TLG’s staff includes culturally and linguistically diverse psychologists, marriage and family therapists, social workers, developmental specialists, occupational therapists, and early childhood educators. TLG is federally funded as an Early Head Start program.
Job Type: Full-time