Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
The Acute Product Consultant drives growth of CentriMag blood pump system in the Region, leveraging acute mechanical circulatory support specialized clinical and product knowledge. This position is intra-regional in nature and reports to the Regional Sales Manager. It requires close collaboration with the Territory Managers, Clinical Consultants and Market Development Managers within the region.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Region expert on the use of CentriMag for Extra-Corporeal Life Support (ECLS) and cannulation. Targeting new centers for the adoption of CentriMag while also driving utilization at existing HeartMate accounts.
- Acts independently to build relationships and drive utilization of the product through in-depth product education and best practices sharing. Existing HeartMate II accounts
- Coordinates with Territory Manager and Clinical Consultant to drive utilization and facilitate relationships with Non-Transplant Centers. Prospective accounts Acts independently at accounts that do not use HeartMate II to identify and qualify them for CentriMag.
- Collaborates with Territory Manager on opportunities at Transplant Centers. Then, coordinates with Territory Manager and Center Development Manager through the sales process, including but not limited to leading product demonstrations and securing support from perfusionist staff.
- At existing HeartMate II centers, primary quoting and final sales transaction continues to be managed by the Territory Manager.
- At non-HeartMate II accounts, the quoting and sales process to be managed on individual basis, with primary responsibility starting with the Acute Product Specialist.
- Leads/facilitates the post-purchase training. General responsibilities include: Attend major perfusion meetings in the region and many of the national perfusion meetings, as needed. Develop and/or cultivate KOL’s with an interest in ACS/ECLS. Educate sales and clinical colleagues on CentriMag and new trends in ECLS and ACS (e.g., New Hire Orientation). Contributor to the overall Acute Business including latest competitive selling arguments, product development suggestions and sales support materials.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
The ideal candidate will be proficient in both the clinical and sales aspects of the position. Clinical experience in areas relevant to acute mechanical circulatory support
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education/experience. Prefer that degree is in Nursing, Biomedical engineering or other medical discipline.
- Certificate in Circulatory Sciences and Perfusion (CCP) desired.
- Adept at navigating within a customer environment between clinicians with different roles, styles and goals to help advance the use of the therapy. Ability to collaborate with clinical colleagues to train and motivate staff. Sales orientation and experience 3 years industry experience, preferably 5 or more.
- Pediatric experience desired
- Experience identifying new business opportunities.
- Experience working in a team selling environment
- Experience selling successfully in a highly competitive environment. Ability to collaborate with sales colleagues to secure a sale. Or a combination of experience and education.
General Work Expectations
- Maintains a good driving record.
- Ability to work effectively from a home office base and must provide the majority of their own typing, filing, and communications support.
- Awareness of and adherence to AdvaMed guidelines.
- Protects and acts responsibly toward all company equipment and confidential information.
- Effective communication and collaboration with territory team, clinical team, training and education, marketing, technical support and management teams.
- Candidate must be highly motivated with strong desire to help others.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.