Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Chief Operating Office (COO) is responsible for delivering a more consistent approach to business operations across Wells Fargo, strengthening the company's risk and control infrastructure, and delivering effective and efficient enterprise services to employees and customers.
The COO group includes the head of Operations, who is jointly responsible for line of business operations with each of the five LOB CEOs. Operations functions include contact center operations, client servicing support, money movements within our businesses, lending operations, and other functions.
The COO group also includes a number of teams dedicated to strengthening Wells Fargo's risk and control infrastructure. These include the Control Executive team; Regulatory and Policy Affairs; Enterprise Customer Excellence; Sales Practices Oversight and Management; and Strategic Execution and Operations.
The Chief Administrative Office, encompassing the Corporate Properties Group; Corporate Security; Enterprise Business Resiliency; Strategic Programs and Process Improvement; Enterprise Change Management; Supply Chain Management; and Data Management and Insights, delivers important services for our employees and customers.
Data Management and Insights (DMI) is transforming the way that Wells Fargo uses and manages data. Our work enables Wells Fargo to empower and inform our team members, deliver exceptional experiences for our customers, and meet the elevated expectations of our regulators. The team is responsible for designing the future data environment, defining data governance and oversight, and partnering with technology to operate the data infrastructure for the company. This team also provides next generation analytic insights to drive business strategies and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers' financial needs.
This role is a part of DMI's Enterprise Analytics and Data Science Team – the central analytics group tasked with solving high-impact business challenges and standing up cutting-edge analytical capabilities to be shared across Wells Fargo's analytic community.
We are looking for a high performer to join our team and help us solve challenging data management, governance and engineering problems by adopting industry best practices and innovative solutioning. This is a broad role where you are expected to wear multiple hats and come up with solutions to ensure timely and appropriate data and platform capabilities are available to support machine learning activities. You will also be responsible for ensuring adequate controls are available throughout the machine learning process to reduce risk and help coordinate responses to audit, compliance and regulatory requests.
- Reduce data ingestion timelines by streamlining and simplifying processes for data movement and partnering with technology to optimize data ingestion pipelines
- Democratize data access by simplifying the organization of roles and entitlements and accelerating the data provisioning process
- Ensure necessary and appropriate controls are available throughout the data pipeline for model training and scoring to reduce risk and ensure compliance with regulations
- Partner with architecture and technology to define the right file and directory naming format and structure and optimize the storage and movement of data within the cluster
- Research industry standards/solutions for industrializing AI and apply core principles in the areas of metadata management, data lineage and data quality
- Design search and discovery components of the feature store platform and enable wide adoption for machine learning
- Partner with product, engineering and technology teams to solve problems and identify new trends and opportunities
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: data management, data governance, data quality or data analysis demonstrated through work or military experience
- 1+ years of design, implementation and governance experience with Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing or Machine Learning architecture
- 1+ year of experience with initiatives to build efficient and reliable batch and/or real-time data
- 2+ years of experience with Hadoop, HDFS and management of data in a big data environment
- 1+ year of experience in data management related areas such as metadata or lineage, data governance or data quality
- 1+ year of SQL experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work and influence successfully within a matrix environment and build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Design and development experience with columnar databases using Parquet or ORC file formats on Hadoop
- Experience with Spark, Hive and Kafka
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with workflow orchestration tools like Airflow, Luigi or Azkaban
- Experience working with Collibra/Alation for metadata management
- Experience with tools like MLflow and Kubeflow to support model development and deployment
- Experience with Financial Services especially Wells Fargo systems and data
- Experience managing legal, risk and compliance issues in a highly regulated environment
- Knowledge of Data Ops and ML Ops principles
- Knowledge of industry best practices of deploying machine learning at scales
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
SC-Fort Mill: 3480 State View Blvd - Fort Mill, SC
TX-Addison: 5080 Spectrum Dr - Addison, TX
TX-DAL-Downtown Dallas: 1445 Ross Ave - Dallas, TX
TX-Irving: 5000 Riverside Drive - Irving, TX
AZ-Tempe: 1150 W Washington St - Tempe, AZ
IA-Des Moines: 6200 Park Ave - Des Moines, IA
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
GA-Atlanta: 3579 Atlanta Ave - Atlanta, GA
GA-Atlanta: 171 17th St Nw - Atlanta, GA
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.