INVESTMENT BANKING ANALYST – Technology
Seeking a full time investment banking analyst to support the Technology Group in San Francisco, CA.
Cleveland-based KeyCorp is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $87 billion. Key companies provide investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance, and investment banking products and services to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally. The company's businesses deliver their products and services through branches and offices; a network of 1,576 ATMs; telephone banking centers 800-KEY2YOU® (800-539-2968); and a website, Key.com®, that provides account access and financial products 24 hours a day.
About the Job
Analysts in KBCM act as the primary day-to-day leaders for analytical support, including financial statement analysis and model development; valuation analysis; industry research; and the preparation of various presentations and documents including descriptive memoranda, management presentations, new business and other. Analysts interact daily with other bankers and clients, prospective buyers/money sources, attorneys and accountants. Experienced Analysts learn to play more of an Associate role in helping manage transactions and interface directly in presentation, negotiation, capital-raising and closing. They play a central role in coordinating the activities of all team members.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with corporate finance investment bankers and product partners on M&A, strategic corporate finance, and capital raising transactions in the Technology sector
- Generate ideas and analytical materials in support of new client meetings
- Perform financial modeling and valuation analyses on public and private companies: comparable company analysis, precedent transaction analysis, leveraged buy-out analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Develop marketing materials for topics such as company positioning, financing alternatives, and M&A strategic alternatives
- Develop knowledge of relevant information resources: Bloomberg, Capital IQ, Thomson Financial, etc.
- 1-3 years of relevant full-time work experience
- Highly motivated and talented individual with the desire for a career in Investment Banking or Capital Markets
- Excellent mathematical, writing, verbal and computer skills
- Proven research skills and possessing the ability to succinctly express ideas
- Strong team player with a positive "can-do" attitude and desire to be part of a close-knit group operating in an intensive and challenging work environment
- Bachelor’s degree required, business or economics degree preferred
- Internship or prior work experience in financial services industry preferred Proven track record in university studies required
- At least one year experience as an Investment Banking Analyst required
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.