Consider joining Lancaster Laboratories where people are the most important element in our chemistry. Celebrating 50 years of service, Lancaster Laboratories is a leading contract lab providing testing and research services in the environmental, pharmaceutical, and biopharmaceutical sciences to clients worldwide.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, a nationally recognized laboratory, is searching for an experienced Scientist to work in our Professional Scientific Services group in Emeryville, California. The main responsibility of the Senior Scientist Group Lead is to work with Senior and Junior level associates to develop and/or qualify robust Analytical assays in support of developing and optimizing production processes including process parameter optimization, process characterization, scale-up/tech transfer for large scale product production and support successful implementation of production processes at commercial scale. The Group Lead will also Lead and manage up to nine team members and help create and drive a positive, inclusive, success-oriented, and high performing team.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate ability to learn new techniques, work with Senior and Junior level associates to solve problems, prepare technical reports; and evaluate and implement new instrumentation or process techniques
- Executes laboratory-based studies, analyzes and interprets results, participates in process improvement, development, and qualification activities
- Executes complex scientific protocols in a highly coordinated team environment from preparation, testing, and data analysis
- Authors procedures/protocols or technical reports that include data interpretation
- Prepares and effectively communicates technical results in cross-functional settings
- Ensure their own experimental and testing work is performed as defined in the approved study protocols or SOPs/guidelines
- A flexible schedule with the ability to do some shift work and availability on weekends
- Maintains laboratory facilities and equipment in accordance with company policiesandindustrialbestpractices
- Maintaining the labs in a clean, safe, and organized manner to ensure efficient performance of activities
- Coordinating vendor visits for onsite service, work with instrumentation group for other calibration events
- Troubleshoot, repair, clean and operate equipment, as needed
- Improve laboratory practices to increase throughput and decrease errors
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD POSSESS:
- Has technical/scientific knowledge of biopharmaceutical processes, at both processdevelopmentand/ormanufacturingscalesofoperation
- Technical understanding and experience of analytical techniques such as SDS-PAGE, HPLC, Amino Acid Analysis, ELISA's and in vitro diagnostic test kits, HPLC, Lowry, Bradford, Pierce, Western Blotting, Mass Spectrometry, Dynamic Light Scattering, and Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC)
- Demonstrate an understanding of above techniques and able to troubleshoot methods and recognize anomalous data
- Knowledge of process scale-up and scale-down methodologies, including process characterization and design of experiments
- Understanding of basic statistical data analysis and a willingness to explore advanced statistical modelling tools
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and effective interpersonal and communication skills are required
- Capable of representing the functional area on a cross-functional team and presenting technical data at team meetings
- Must have good planning and organizing skills, manage time effectively by prioritizing tasks, taking the initiative to solve problems quickly, and knowing when to obtain assistance
- Proficient with the use of MS Office software (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint) and application software (not limited to) including Empower, SoftMax Pro, Astra, JMP, Minitab, Design Expert etc)
- Educational degrees must be relevant to position (e.g., Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or Toxicology): PhD 0-2 yrs of experience, MS +3 yrs of experience, or BS +6 yrs of experience
- Leadership experience preferred
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
What we offer:
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Position is full-time, 8am - 5pm with ocassional overtimerequired.Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Emeryville, California are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories Professional Scientific Services®(PSS) is a global, award-winning insourcing solution that places our people at our clients' site dedicated to running and managing laboratory services while eliminating headcount, co-employment and project-management worries.
We infuse our 55-year track record of scientific and laboratory operations expertise, as well as HR and great place to work best practices, to recruit, hire, train and manage highly qualified scientists to perform laboratory services using our client's quality systems and equipment.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.