Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Analytics/Healthcare Trainer plays a key role on the Client Value Enablement team, helping to conduct both onsite / in person trainings, as well as ongoing web-based sessions ranging from general product overviews to more detailed and advanced use cases within the population and financials analytics product known as Optum Performance Analytics (OPA). This role sits within the provider market solutions business which is aimed at identifying and managing highly differentiated business solutions that deliver optimal impact and value to the provider market. In partnership with the Regional General Managers and Product Management team, the value enablement team supports the growth teams in driving and accelerating growth, delivering on promised value, and managing portfolio performance.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S., as you take on some tough challenges.
- Creates written, graphical, and multimedia training material and other content to drive utilization and client engagement
- Supports the delivery of custom healthcare analytics and resources to drive optimal product utilization across the client base
- Supports the Client Value Management team to identify and serve client training needs throughout the life cycle including custom, commissioned trainings and analytic reporting as needed
- Stays up-to-date on the latest industry and best practice research, identifying and integrating key resources (data, tactics, and tools) into deliverables
- Develops expertise to support content effectiveness across the training and engagement deliverables
- Core Functions
- Develop expertise on the population and financials analytics product, Optum Performance Analytics (clinical and claims-based analytics for clients transitioning to value-based care)
- Lead 2-4 onsite trainings per month
- Lead monthly webinar-based trainings for members in the client network
- Lead individual, custom client training webinars as needed
- Lead internal staff training and onboarding sessions
- Design and disseminate resources to introduce Client Value Management and clients to products’ latest releases
- Event planning, development, execution
- Contribute to client events, such as Optum Forum. This responsibility encompasses working with Client Value Management on recruitment, coordinating with Marketing, and supporting client content development / presentations
- Project management and collaboration
- Set and adhere to established deadlines for own work product, while simultaneously project managing other stakeholders to ensure forward progress on multi-disciplinary projects
- Build consensus among peers and leaders on business needs and strive for collaboration on complex projects
- Cultivate productive working relationships across internal departments, embodying a strong service ethic in interactions with colleagues
- Case study development and merchandizing
- Support Client Value Management staff in ongoing production of case studies and help boost the case study “pipeline”
- Management of program / vertical-wide case study competitions
- Soft Skills
- Experience with solution-focused problem solving and thinking through problems creatively
- Comfort with a fast-paced work environment and working autonomously
- Comfort with ambiguity and a desire to innovate
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years of experience developing and/or delivering training
- 1+ years of experience using healthcare data for content delivery
- 1+ years of experience writing content in a professional setting
- 1+ years of experience creating and presenting content in a professional setting
- 1+ years of experience collaborating and communicating opinions in a professional setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint (create and design slides), Word (creating and editing documents), and Excel (utilize data sets to turn into usable insight, create pivot tables, basic Excel summary functions within spreadsheets)
- Experience with Tableau or MicroStrategy
- Ability and willingness to travel (domestically) up to 75% of the time to client sites (some local)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in health, technology, education or communication-related field
- Experience with service delivery or account management in Healthcare Technology industry
- Knowledge or experience with healthcare issues, population health or value-based care initiatives
- Training/coursework in instructional design and training development
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: analytics, trainer, healthcare, development, training, travel, telecommute, telecommuter, remote, work from home