Title: Design Architect
Contract: 1 year (possible extension)
Location: San Francisco, CA (remote during COVID)
Start Date: ASAP
Must be authorized to work in US without restriction or sponsorship
* Responsible for the overall technical design and build of the custom elements of the solution.
* Works as a team member along with the Engagement Manager, Developer and Solutions Architect to deliver complete solutions.
* Experience in a large organization as an application architect or lead designer is key.
* A thorough understanding of web architecture, J2EE, messaging middleware, application integration, and tooling is required.
* Solid hands-on experience in a mission-critical mid-tier production environment.
* Effective communication skills, ability to read and write high and mid-level architecture documentation.
* Development experience must consist of deployed, large distributed systems across multiple platforms, using various Java Application Servers (Websphere, Weblogic, JBoss, etc.), and XML, MQ, JSP, JNDI, JMS, EJB, JDBC, Oracle and legacy application integration.
* Understanding of object-oriented system architectures utilizing use cases, Unified Modeling Language (UML), Rational Unified Process (RUP) and awareness of emerging technologies/standards is required. Experience building frameworks for a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) or Web Services initiative is preferred but not required
* 3-5 years of rich interaction design focused on digital products.
* Web and mobile experience.
* Experience in Journey Mapping and Design Thinking practices
* Knowledge of and ability to apply design methods, including wireframing, sketching, story boarding a must.
* Proficient in most aspects of a user-centered interaction design process, including user research, developing user flows, creating wireframes, conducting usability tests and creating annotated design specifications.
* Experience with Chat Bot's or Voice helpful (but not a requirement)
* Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team within an iterative process and an Agile development methodology.
* Strong self-management skills, comfortable with substantial responsibility, working directly with our client partners, and capable of managing your project schedules.
* Proficient in UX design tools like Sketch, Mural, InVision, Omnigraffle or Axure
* Comfort in a project-oriented work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic.