Bassi Edlin Huie & Blum (BEHB) is currently seeking an Associate Attorney to join their team in California.
Who we are:
• Bassi Edlin Huie & Blum is a defense firm of trial specialists offering the unique blend of large-firm experience and small-firm agility. From our offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, we help clients confront and overcome a wide variety of complex claims in state and federal court throughout California. We are adept at handling high-stakes environmental cases involving cutting-edge legal precedent, as well as advanced scientific and engineering concepts.
• Our attorneys take effective depositions, produce winning law & motion work, and use the latest technology to gain an edge in complex litigation. To prepare for trial, we work with the right experts to develop strong defense strategies and employ talented artists to craft compelling visual exhibits. www.behblaw.com/
The Los Angeles, California office of Bassi Edlin Huie & Blum is currently accepting resumes for an Associate Attorney to join their firm in the state of California. Applicants must be licensed to practice law in the State of California. The associate will assist senior associates and partners with motions, discovery, depositions, court appearances, trial preparation, and trial.
About the role:
• Attend depositions, meetings, court hearings, and site inspections as directed by client coordinator.
• Track case status by monitoring weekly personal calendar and by communicating regularly with case manager.
• Attend weekly round table meeting and calendar meeting.
• Self-starter capable of responding to discovery requests, drafting and revising legal briefs, preparing witnesses for testimony at depositions and in court, and negotiating and drafting settlement agreements.
• Keep docket clerks apprised of changes to case calendars by communicating regularly via email.
• Able to effectively supervise staff and collaborate with other attorneys to successfully complete assignments.
• Highly motivated, efficient, organized, and laser-focused on the details; able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• Enter billable time into computer, daily and meet a minimum billing requirement of 158.34 hours per month net of write downs (1900 per year). This requirement is not reduced by any paid or unpaid time off, mandatory training, or the performance of any non-billable functions. Such time off, training, or performance of non-billable functions are not counted toward the minimum billing requirement.
• Ensure all functions are performed in exact accordance with applicable client guidelines available on the firm intranet.
• Remain flexible and open to requests for support or assistance outside of the scope of this job description and to other duties as directed by the client coordinators.
Our ideal candidate:
Education and Experience
• Looking for 1-5 years of general litigation experience.
• Bachelor’s degree and law degree.
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to manage multiple tasks, in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills to communicate tactfully with a diverse group of attorneys, staff, and clients.
• Organized, good at prioritizing tasks, and detail-oriented.
• Work requires sitting, bending, stooping, computer keyboarding, continuous use of the hands, telephone contact, reading, and may require lifting of 25-50 lbs. or more.
• Work may also require traveling to offsite locations for depositions, collecting records and information, or filing documents with courts.
What we offer:
• Compensation including annual salary based upon relevant experience and education.
• Comprehensive benefits package.