UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You've been working your way to this opportunity for some time now. You've learned to lead. You've built a deep expertise in health care network operations. You've set your sights on having more impact in more ways. It's time to join our leadership team and help UnitedHealth Group as we help make the health system more efficient and effective. You'll leverage your expertise and knowledge in new ways as you strike the balance between health care costs and resources. Managing a team responsible for performing unit cost and contract valuation analysis, you'll ensure that health care contracts, including Accountable Care/Value Based Contracts, are priced accurately and fairly for all involved. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 7 leader.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work with claims, member and risk scoring data to understand and explain population results at a provider level
- Support and validate physician incentive/performance based contracting activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis, and reporting
- Advocate for best economics internally and externally
- Direct work that impacts entire functions and/or customer accounts (internal or external)
- Develop functional, market level and/or site strategy, plans, production and/or organizational priorities
- Identify and resolve technical, operational and organizational problems
- Influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches.
This role has wide ranging impact and challenge. You'll be responsible for partnering with health plans to provide analytics and consultation to local market health plans to provide optimal, affordable care for our members.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, health care pricing, network management, healthcare economics or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets, and information acquisition tools to perform financial impact analysis, risk management and data manipulation
- 5+ years of experience working with large databases to produce a focused analysis with proficiency in MS Excel and Tableau
- 3+ years of experience with provider payment methodologies and health care products
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Supervisory experience
- SAS/SQL for data manipulation and reporting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
As we make our networks more efficient and effective, we make life better for millions. That's the opportunity with UnitedHealth Group. Join us. Learn more about how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Associate Director, Network Pricing, Financial Analysis, Health Care Pricing, Network Management, Healthcare Economics, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote