Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Join the Engineering Experience team as a Senior Platform Software Engineer, where you will have an opportunity to develop backend software and automation for developers in promoting the features and services to production. Help developers accelerate application development and reduce operational complexity by writing APIs, introducing standards/frameworks for continuous deployment, and building Infrastructure as Code on AWS. Collaborate with QA, product engineering teams and lead cross organization DevOps initiatives.
If you are located in San Francisco, CA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop Continuous Integration and Deployment pipelines
- Develop Gitops workflows for Rally Engineering teams
- Design platforms to build and deploy services in Kubernetes
- Work with Engineers to improve our internal development platform
- Help engineers deploy code from keyboard to production using Github Actions, Jenkins, Flux CD, Kubernetes, Docker, and more
- Create tools and integrate existing tools into a cohesive platform to help Rally's engineers ship software
- Build the development golden path that thousands of engineers will use every day
- Support cloud-native disposable development environments
- Develop our development platform to help our engineers use the strengths of a cloud-native environment
- Help scale our internal platform used by thousands with monitors and alerts that keep uptime high
- Grow the capabilities of our internal platform in a Python-based environment
- Build the default toolset for our engineers to use
- Build and integrate the best-of-breed toolset for our engineering teams
- Create metrics to demonstrate Rally engineering's performance, and effectiveness
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or the equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience working with a major cloud platform (we're on AWS)
- 1+ years of experience with Docker and container orchestration systems
- Experience designing and deploying APIs, custom solutions and supporting their operations
- Experience implementing Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience building CI/CD platforms for microservices
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and configuration management tools
- Experience with Kubernetes package managers like Helm
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.