Our Atlanta office is looking for a dynamic Senior Associate to join our Assurance practice.
As a part of the team, you will work directly with Managers and Partners of the firm. CohnReznick will help you grow and develop your career through collaborative workgroups and mentoring across peers and managers. Seniors are instrumental in mentoring and developing Associate level staff, and are the primary lead on client engagements walkthroughs, reviewing work papers, and helping to identify/resolve audit issues.
- Endless opportunities to contribute to one of the largest professional services firm in the US
- A unique culture that values collaboration in everything we do
- A team of professionals driven by a sense of excellence, integrity, commitment to lifelong learning, respect for one another, adaptability, and making a difference
- A network of 2,700 professionals committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and giving back to the communities in which we live and work
- Varied career paths supported by strong professional development programs and resources
- A flexible work environment with competitive benefits
The Assurance Senior Associate works directly with Managers and Partners of the firm to support our Affordable Real Estate clients. We help our Assurance Senior Associates grow and develop their career through collaborative workgroups and mentoring across peers and managers. Seniors are instrumental in mentoring and developing Associate level staff, and is the primary lead on client engagements walkthroughs, reviewing work papers, and helping to identify/resolve audit issues.
Assurance Senior Associates review and prepare financial statements, footnotes, and work papers. They demonstrate professional creativity in dealing with client matters and make constructive suggestions to improve client operations. The Assurance Senior Associate effectively analyzes client transactions, recognizing potential or existing problems, conducts appropriate research, and works closely with managers on resolving the issue. Specific duties include:
- Understanding the purpose of accounting and general ledger recording procedures.
- Performing accounting procedures and/or tax applications in accordance with firm standards and in an accurate, thorough and timely manner, including proposing journal entries to client general ledgers
- Serving as the Engagement Lead on specific client accounts, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, and final deliverable
- Developing a detailed engagement work plan, illustrating budgets and schedules
- Monitoring project status against the work plan and communicate schedule adjustments to managers and/or partners
- Developing a professional relationship with the client and serve as the primary point-of-contact
- Education: BS/BA accounting; CPA designation or eligibility to sit is required
- Minimum 3-5 years of audit & accounting experience in a public accounting arena; specifically with experience in the affordable housing industry
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including knowledge in US GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB rules and standards
- Knowledge of FAR and CAS
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Strong leadership, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Computer expertise including knowledge of audit-preparation software and an understanding of the impact of technology
- Strong research skills
- Proven technical skills with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook; audit software, AuditPro, ProSystems or GoSystems, and Caseware experience is a plus
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
Connect with us
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
CohnReznick does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are currently engaged by CohnReznick Talent Acquisition Team by way of a written agreement to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that CohnReznick will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
#LI - MM1 #CB