- Our client is looking for a Senior Audit Accountant to join their team in Berkeley. They are a small team of 10-15 Accountants specializing in City and Government accounting. Work primarily with counties and cities all over California. All remote currently, moving to a maximum of 20% onsite work post pandemic. They are looking for people that are self-starters, great communicators and are willing to travel in California for about 3 months throughout the year
- Participate in internal control interviews and perform walk-through of key internal control processes by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation, and updating internal control write-ups.
- Performing substantive audit procedures
- Completes audit work papers
- Attend educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies.
- Assist Audit Senior/Manager with compiling preliminary draft of financial statements.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business or related fields.
- Public/ Big 4 experience (Private is "ok" with CPA or studying for CPA)
- 1-2 years Audit experience (Not a requirement, but highly preferred)
- Pro FX software knowledge
- 2-5 years accounting experience
- Attention to Detail
- Presentation Skills
- Ability to multitask and work both independently and on a team.
- Ability to use MS Suite
- CPA/CPA Candidate
- Knowledge of Advanced Excel Functions (Pivot tables, Vlookup, etc.)
- Experience auditing local governments (Cities, Counties, Special Districts, School Districts)
- Ability to work on ProSystem Fx Engagement and advanced skills
- Experience drafting financial statements
- Salary to be negotiated with successful candidates.