Araguaína Company Description:
Emmen Lita, a modern yet timeless Latin Caribbean inspired restaurant, is a welcoming, upscale, and comfortable dining destination for all occasions. Opening in January 2022, in the brand new Lyric apartment complex in Walnut Creek's dynamic Downtown. Lita - a nod to South Beach Miami- is a place for an intimate date night, a celebratory dinner with friends, a casual, light, lunch or a leisurely weekend brunch, serving familiar dishes with an emphasis on crafted cocktails delivered with on-point service by a team of restaurant professionals.
What We Are Looking For:
While sitting at the bar, our guests' experience of genuine hospitality is predominately based on their interaction with you. Our guest will be spending the majority of the time in our restaurant speaking directly to and being served by you....your ability to be charismatic, insightful, knowledgeable, hospitable and timely will help to give our guests a memorable experience that will have them returning to our restaurant for years to come. At the most basic level, you are a service person, addressing the needs of our guests at all times. You answer questions, deliver drinks and food, present appropriate silverware and glass, as well as maintain a clean and uncluttered bar.
Job Description/Summary of Position:
The bartender is responsible for seamless service to our guests following the steps of service with a thorough knowledge of all food & beverage menus, including ingredients with allergy concerns. A bartender at Lita is also a salesperson, helping to sell specific cocktails, beer & wine as well as menu items and chef specials. A Bartender communicates regularly with management, chef and hosts about bar needs, turn times, allergies, problems, complaints and compliments. A Bartender anticipates any needs and acts quickly upon guest requests.
You are a salesperson, highlighting all the wonderful aspects of our menu and convincing our guests to experience as many of them as possible. The role of a salesperson is not to sell something the guest does not want, but merely to convince them to order the things they do want. This is an art that should be practiced regularly. Above all, you are a member of a team whose goal is to serve our guests. What is required to reach this goal can change at any moment based on their needs, anticipate, be quick to act, and never pass up an opportunity to help a fellow team member.
In addition, the bartender is responsible for the production of cocktails, service of beer, wine, and spirits during the course of the shift. The bartender will ensure that the bar is properly stocked to fill the orders of our guests in a timely manner.
- Maintain a professional atmosphere in all guest areas.
- Proper grooming and appearance standards are expected at all times
- Treat all colleagues with care and respect.
- Expected to complete opening side work prior to the start of service. Including: production of juices, garnishes, setting up the well, retrieving ice ect.
- Responsible for understanding reservation and seating strategy
- The bar should be polished and correctly set prior to guest arrival
- Responsible for thorough knowledge of all menus.
- Steps of service must be carried out according to our guidelines.
- You are expected to manage the flow of service for each guest to ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction. Including, but not limited to greeting in a timely manner, taking/placing orders in a timely manner, etc.
- Greet newly seated guests within 2 minutes.
- All beverages must be served within 5 minutes.
- To ensure safety, carrying a maximum of 2 plates at a time is recommended.
- Food is to be served from the left with an open palm to the guest and placed correctly before the diner; plates are cleared from the right.
- You are responsible for ensuring proper silver is placed before the arrival of each course.
- You must check back once every dish is served (after 2 mins or 2 bites).
- Responsible for basic wine knowledge for every wine on the list: Varietal, Winery, Vintage, & Price.
- Wine and Beverage service must be carried out according to our guidelines.
- Responsible for clearing plates, glass & silver from guests during the course of service.
- When leaving the bar, you are expected to ensure that your responsibilities will be covered and must notify the host and manager beforehand.
- All comps and voids must be approved by management prior to check presentation.
- You are responsible for collecting proper payment from each guest and making change as necessary prior to the guest departure.
- You will be expected to adhere to all cash-handling procedures outlined in the Policy
- Keep managers and chefs informed of guest complaints, challenges and successes.
- You are expected to complete all assigned side work prior to departure. including wiping down the bar top,wiping down bottles, burning ice, discarding of garnishes, polishing glassware, ect.
You Should Possess the Following Attributes/Qualifications:
- Must be able to work morning/afternoon and night shifts (Shift can pass 12am).
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an upscale restaurant.
- 21 years of age or older.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a Point Of Sale system.
- Experience with TOAST is a plus!
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Extensive knowledge of cocktails, spirits, beer, and wine.
- Excellent communication skills with management, chefs, and fellow team members.
- Ability to work in a team environment, with great enthusiasm and energy.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Guest service oriented and possesses commitment to quality service.
- Have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
Compensation: Minimum wage + Tips
Our operation is employee focused, ensuring that all staff feel that they are valued and benefit from their job above and beyond the standard financial motivators. We are always seeking people who take responsibility and look above and beyond to achieve greatness in their field. If you are looking for personal growth, a team-oriented workplace, and to experience hospitality and hospitality business in a new and exciting environment, this is likely the position for you. If you are interested and feel that you might be a good fit for our team, please reply along with your resume and contact information.