Looking for an experienced, creative and highly motivated Battery Manufacturing Engineer to join our Manufacturing group. This position develops, scales, and enables manufacturing solutions for lithium-ion cells containing a proprietary silicon anode.
- Key role in lithium-ion cell manufacturing.
- Key role in developing and implementing scalable cell assembly equipment and methods.
- Source, evaluate, and qualify cell assembly equipment and processes for error free introduction to the manufacturing line.
- Key role with cell component and manufacturing equipment suppliers to drive improvements and resolve manufacturing issues.
- Responsible for critical inputs to manufacturing cost reduction.
- Responsible for specifications of all assembly processes and establish training procedures for technicians and operators.
- Troubleshoot cell production problems and drive root-cause corrective actions.
- Manage process control systems to ensure quality results.
- Maintain active role on internal continuous improvement.
- Use proven improvement tools such as lean manufacturing and six sigma to realize efficiency gains in cell production.
- Mentor and supervise lab technicians as required.
- Perform equipment calibration and maintenance per manufacturer's guidelines.
- BS (advanced degree preferred) in Mat. Sci., Chemistry, Chem E., Mech E., or EE.
- 3+ years in production environment for lithium-ion cells.
- Hands-on knowledge of and significant experience in cell assembly and components.
- Strong understanding of the electrochemistry of lithium-ion cells.
- Takes initiative and is able to work with little or no supervision.
- Strong work ethic, highly accountable, and able to take ownership of critical projects and functions.
- Demonstrates strong teamwork skills and thrives in collaborative work environments
- Able to work in a dry room environment as needed
- Committed to environmental, health and safety requirement