At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
This position may be based in Dallas, Houston, Irvine, Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Jose, Portland, or Seattle
Senior Consultant – Enterprise Risk – Third-Party Risk Management (California, Texas, Washington)
The global risk landscape is continuously changing due to market volatility, geopolitical crises, wide-spread economic changes, regulatory reforms and cyber threats. As a result, there has been increased pressure from boards of directors and investors for organizations to effectively monitor and manage risk.
The Enterprise Risk Third-Party Risk Management team helps clients make strategic investments and focus on the right areas to effectively manage third-party risks. This service, made possible through our global delivery centers and technology partnerships, was designed in a flexible manner to reflect companies' variable stages of readiness when it comes to managing third-party risk.
Skills and attributes for success
- Consistently deliver quality client services. Monitor progress, manage risk, and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business
- Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate to new knowledge
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree and approximately 2 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 1-2 years of related work experience
- Knowledge of risk management, risks and controls concepts
- Knowledge of principles of ERM and GRC concepts. information security and data privacy, leading security standards (e.g., ISO27001, NIST), certification reports (SOC 1, SOC 2, etc.) and control frameworks (e.g., COSO, ISO, OCEG, etc.)
- Third-party risk management knowledge, along with audit experience and project management
- Experience in planning, executing and/or reporting third-party risk assessments (US-based and international third parties)
- An understanding of and/or knowledge of diverse set of risks associated to third parties such as geopolitical risk, reputational risk, financial risk, regulatory and compliance risk, digital risk, cyber and privacy risk, operational risk, strategic risk and business continuity & resiliency risk
- Knowledge of any of the following industries/sectors: healthcare, life sciences, media & entertainment, technology & telecom, consumer products & retail, and power & utilities, including relevant regulatory requirements (e.g., HIPAA for healthcare, NERC CIP for power & utilities)
- Proven solid analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent writing and communication skills
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office suite and other business-related software systems
- A valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport required; willingness and ability to travel internationally. A willingness to travel estimated at 75%
Ideally, you'll also have
- Prior experience as a consultant or client serving professional
- CPA/CA, CIA, CISA or other relevant certification desired
- Experience in supervising a team (onshore and/or offshore), projects or processes to completion
What we look for
We are interested in motivated professionals with a natural ability to lead, solve complex problems, and work as part of a team. If you enjoy facing new challenges, challenging the status quo, and being part of a culture that encourages teaming and creative problem solving, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.