Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Senior Director role reporting to Head of Real Estate Valuation Services (REVS), managing strategic implementation at the REVS group level . Ensure accurate, compliant, timely valuations to our customers; Review for accuracy high dollar, high risk, complex transactions to ensure accuracy and compliance; Initiate, monitor or create process improvements initiatives to make REVS more efficient and effective; Ensure enabling technologies are introduced and implemented across REVS in conjunction with functional leaders, Line of Business (LOB's) and regulators; Review and ensure 3rd party relationships are properly vetted and approved, Statement of Work (SOW's) are currently representative of practices provided and provide coverage for all valuations activities provided by REVS; Monitor and ensure operational processes optimizing effectiveness and minimize risk.
- Develop and oversee strategies, approaches, and practices to ensure that they consistently align, enhance, and are executed in support of the REVS strategic vision, objectives, and goals.
- Strategic focus on strengthening, building, and recruiting a diverse and inclusive team and environment which supports diversity practices and corporate objectives that drive the business forward
- Develop and execute an integration plan and ongoing programs and technology to ensure the successful integration of the REVS Teams, initiatives, and processes at all levels of the restructured organization.
- Lead cross functional efforts to strategize, plan, develop, execute, and measure complex real estate valuation related cost efficiency and effectiveness efforts to deliver REVS objectives and goals. Initiate, evaluate, monitor, or create technology based process improvement initiatives to optimize REVS' efficient and effective while at the same time managing and mitigating risk.
- Align initiatives to 2020 priorities to ensure focus on accuracy, compliance, and efficiency. Drive efforts with REVS leaders to ensure optimal resource allocation.
- Lead and drive REVS' initiatives to build, ensure, and strengthen succession planning, overall bench strength, and residential and commercial cross-functional efforts
Preference is for selected candidate to work within a specific Wells Fargo locations: Charlotte, NC; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY. Other locations may be considered. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: business support, project management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Appraisal and credit experience
- Ability to drive and lead organizational change in a dynamic environment
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to influence, partner, and negotiate with senior business leaders to gain commitment to accomplish business goals
- Experience communicating in both written and verbal formats with senior executive-level leaders
- Strategic planning experience in translating leadership vision into executable strategies and initiatives enterprise-wide
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Knowledge and understanding of real estate valuations
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in Real Estate and Credit appraisal programs and services to include related processes, technology, regulations, compliance, and practices.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
NY-New York: 150 E 42nd St - New York, NY
CA-SF-Financial District: 333 Market St - San Francisco, CA
CA-LA-Downtown Los Angeles: 333 S Grand Avenue - Los Angeles, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.