Hill Health - Oakland, CA
Experienced, strong, medical assistant focused on providing an outstanding patient experience and the ability to work with the clinical team (including Physicians, Nurse Practitioners) as well as the front office staff and Director of Practice Management to ensure appropriate quality care for patients of the Hill Health practice. Responsible for assisting providers with clinical and administrative tasks involved in running a high quality medical practice.
Direct patient interactions including, greeting, rooming, assisting providers
- Greeting and rooming patients
- Obtaining vital signs
- Performing non-invasive, routine, technical supportive services with the specific authorization and supervision of a medical provider, including CLIA waived testing, injections, skin tests, and EKG testing.
- Assisting a medical provider in exam rooms
- Documenting all required information in the patient’s electronic medical record.
Communication and correspondence including lab results, prescription refills, quality programs, referrals and authorizations as requested by a medical provider
- Taking telephone messages and providing feedback and answers to patient, medical provider, insurance plan, and/or pharmacy.
- Triaging messages from patients and front office staff to medical providers.
- Giving instructions to patients as instructed by a medical provider.
Maintain logs, required checks, exam rooms, and supplies
- Maintaining all logs and required checks (i.e. refrigerator temperatures, emergency medications, expired medications, oxygen, etc.)
- Disinfecting and cleaning rooms between patients and at end of the day.
- Keeps exam rooms stocked with adequate medical supplies, maintain instruments, and prepare sterilization as required.
- Assisting with clinic upkeep, including daily cleaning and supply ordering/inventory.
- Work on EHR to document all required information in the patient’s chart and ensure pertinent information is available prior to a patient’s appointment
- Other tasks and projects as assigned