As a Chief Architecture member of Cloud Data Engineering team, this individual will lead data platform architecture initiatives in a hybrid-cloud environment. We need a collaborative, proactive teammate capable of partnering with fellow architects, product owners multi-functional project team members, and business partners, follow high standards and drive the continuous integration and deployment of enterprise data platform capabilities.
The successful candidate understands how to balance service delivery with continuous process improvement and automation to architect reliable, and stable data platform capabilities.
Collaborate with multi-functional teams to research, architect, and automate the Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) of a wide variety of Amazon Web Services (AWS) resources hosting data platform components.
Experience in Cloud 'Big Data ' platform architecture and design to meet needs of critical business applications, reporting, and analytics.
Experience managing a team of people, including other architects.
Experience architecting the automated provisioning of AWS resources including, but not limited to EC2, Lambda, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, Redshift, Lake Formation, Glue Catalog CodeCommit, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Kinesis, Athena, and EMR.
Adopt emerging Cloud and 'Big Data ' technologies and evangelize across an organization.
- Bachelor 's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- Architectural experience with real-time and very large scalable systems preferred.
- Experience managing a large team of people.
- AWS experience preferred; AWS certifications helpful.
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
- Current hands-on implementation experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with complex data analytics and core architectures of the applications based on Hadoop platforms.
- Experience in Data Lake/Hadoop platform implementation, including hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning Hadoop/Spark/Cassandra/Apache/Hive implementations.
- Multiple years experience with a mix of languages (Scala, Python, Java, etc.) and frameworks to implement data ingest, processing, and serving technologies.
- Practical knowledge of end-to-end design and build process of Near-Real Time and Batch Data Pipelines; expertise with SQL and data modeling.
- Agile development process experience.
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
- Big data architects are required to engage with stakeholders to understand their objectives and apply it in the architecture.
- The successful candidate will have exceptional communication skills to communicate and execute upon an architectural strategy.