Company is the global leader in digital advertising conversion. Our team is on a mission to automate conversion by dynamically delivering relevant post-click experiences at a scale previously thought impossible.
The Company CFO will play a major role in Company’s growth by providing operational and strategic insight while leading finance, accounting, facilities, and investor relations functions at our global company. The CFO will have 4 primary areas of responsibilities:
- Financial Planning - work closely with the executive team to build financial plans to enable the rapid growth of the company.
- Team Leadership - build and lead a highly effective finance and accounting global team.
- Financial & Accounting Operations Leadership - develop and execute effective processes for monitoring and reporting the financial performance of the company.
- Investor Relations - manage the capital process including a successful Series B raise, managing investors, and moving us toward our ultimate goal of building a public company.
This role will report to the CEO and is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. This person is expected to work from the office 3 days per week and work remotely 2 days per week post COVID.
- Work collaboratively with the leadership team to create short-term and long-term growth plans, financial models, hiring plans, compensation, equity distribution, departmental budgets, and forecasts.
- Create effective processes for ensuring sound financial decision making throughout the organization, enabling the organization to react quickly to opportunities and challenges while meeting annual top and bottom-line expectations.
- Build predictable financial performance (strong FP&A, budget-setting) and establish credibility with internal/external stakeholders (metrics, tracking, reporting).
- Manage cash flow and forecasting, banking relationships and cash positions/strategies.
- Navigate corporate tax structures and make recommendations for improvements as we expand to new locations domestically and globally.
- Work closely with our Sales, Customer Success, and Professional Services teams on product and services pricing.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure delivery against OKR’s, business plans, financial models, and budgets.
- Analyze and manage the organization’s liabilities and investments.
- Review and optimize toolset and related processes used for the financial management of the company.
Financial & Accounting Operations Leadership
- Oversee the day-to-day management of budgeting, accounting, forecasting, financial reporting, and cash-flow analysis.
- Manage all month-end close processes, FP&A, treasury, tax, accounting, and payroll.
- Review and optimize existing A/P and A/R processes.
- Oversee our outsourced accounting and book-keeping.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the SaaS and Managed Service industries.
- Assist partners throughout the organization with vendor and third party contract negotiations to ensure financial efficiency and strategic alignment.
- Manage and ensure compliance with financial audits.
- Build a strong finance and accounting organization through a combination of hiring and outsourcing.
- Effectively manage individuals on the team globally.
- Lead, develop, and promote a culture of high performance and continuous learning.
- Review and optimize the current strategy for managing existing capital.
- Develop a plan for raising additional capital.
- Lead future fundraising rounds with the CEO & COO, while building strong relationships with current and prospective investors.
- Play a leadership role with the company's board including regular communication, leading shared initiatives, and onboarding new board members.
- Lead the process of selecting office locations as we grow and adapt to the “new normal” of working from the office.
- Negotiate office leases.
- Manage relationships with building ownership globally.
- 15+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, and/or Business Operations, including 5 years in a senior leadership role
- 5+ years of experience providing financial leadership for both SaaS and Professional services
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the CFO role highly preferred
- MA or equivalent in Finance, CPA and/or MBA a plus
- Solid GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
- Ability to find and suggest growth opportunities to help scale revenue
- Experience supporting or leading fundraising efforts, including managing relationships with current and future investors
- Experience developing and managing high-performing teams
- Experience providing financial leadership to a global company
- Ability to delegate, multi-task, lead, and prioritize effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Strong negotiating skills with vendors
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Experience evaluating and implementing new financial management software
- Experience taking a company public company preferred
- Experience in the AdTech space preferred
- Ability and desire to flex from big picture strategic thinking to rolling up the sleeves and getting things done