We are seeking a top tier leader to help support our rapidly growing company (title to be determined based on agreed upon role scope and candidate's prior experience). The successful candidate will be a seasoned executive who can seamlessly integrate with the Company’s leadership and mature the Company’s finance and business operations functions as the business enters a commercial stage. This role reports to the CEO.
- Accounting Oversight & Financial Reporting – Responsible for the Company’s overall financials and AR/AP and monthly close processes as well as internal and external reporting, including government partners, lenders and Board of Directors. Serve as primary point of contact with outside financial and governmental auditors.
- Budgeting, Forecasting & Strategic Guidance – Work with leadership team to ensure proactive financial analysis of the business to drive capital efficiency and lead strategic discussions on allocation of resources and investing in the business to best achieve our collective objectives. This may include partnering on strategic vendor discussions and negotiations.
- Establish Commercial Infrastructure – In collaboration with Marketing, Manufacturing, and Quality establish the Company’s initial commercial infrastructure, including ERP deployment in support of commercial launch.
- Financing – Partner with CEO on financing strategy to meet the strategic objectives of the Company. Lead execution of equity and debt financings and related activities.
- Legal & Compliance – Oversee operational legal matters including contracts, equity management, insurance, and other general compliance & legal functions. In collaboration with CTO, oversee the company’s IP portfolio.
- People & Business Operations – Oversee full employee life-cycle including workforce planning, recruiting, onboarding, proactive employee engagement, performance discussions, retention, and offboarding. Lead and maintain the Company’s business operations, including facilities and non-technical vendor relationships, as well as growing and managing the G&A team.
- BA/BS Degree and 10+ years experience in relevant roles; MBA preferred but not required
- Acute attention to detail, data integrity, and accuracy
- Willingness to be hands-on and engage in execution as well as think strategically, balance competing priorities and wear multiple hats
- Compassionate leader excited to partner across the diverse organization
- Strong preference for relevant industry experience and ERP implementation experience
- Demonstrated ability to take capital equipment and consumable business to commercial scale
- Experience with government accounting and reporting (FAR) a plus