The Chief Marketing Officer will be instrumental in driving this on-going journey of transformation to drive positive impact for our business, our customers, our employees and our communities. The CMO will be responsible for the visioning, leadership, strategic direction and performance of the marketing organization. In addition to all the expected accountabilities for a leader of this scale, a priority will be placed on:
- Brand Development: This leader will be key in galvanizing the brand, creating a long-term differentiated brand that connects with popular culture and drives brand advocacy and consumer demand.
- Marketing Strategy: The CMO will develop and operationalize a marketing strategy that continuously drives brand strength in an ever-evolving cultural setting.
- Creative Leadership: Leading the in-house creative team, the CMO will set the brand voice and visual identity to create consistent and relevant brand and product messaging across all consumer touchpoints.
- Customer Advocate: Partnering closely with Design and Merchandising, the CMO will be an advocate for the consumer and actively inform product strategy.
Reporting to the CEO and a member of the executive team, the CMO will lead a team of 45+ across the brand marketing and creative teams. This position will be based in our San Francisco office located in the Mission neighborhood (when our office re-opens).
The successful candidate will be a creative storyteller with a proven track record of building brands by driving consumer engagement, as well as building community in a culturally relevant setting. We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Deep marketing expertise combined with the taste level to bring to life key brand tenants in the visual and editorial context of the Company brand.
- A successful history of building iconic brands, but have also experienced failure and can share what you learned from it.
- Functionally, you’ve owned strategic marketing, branding, communications, social marketing, advertising, product marketing, consumer insights and creative direction.
- A highly collaborative and inclusive style and the ability to balance a strong creative sensibility with a business mind-set.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to drive for results; bring the passion, sense of pace and agility to be successful in a high-growth, founder-led environment.
- The ability to build a culture of change by transforming and aligning an organization through its people to move in new and challenging directions.
- Demonstrated success in galvanizing diverse groups around common goals, motivating employees and shaping culture. Track record of building best-in-class teams, creating an environment of empowerment, accountability and inclusivity.
- The ability to make sense of both complex data as well as trends and cultural dynamics on a continuously evolving basis, understanding and anticipating the potential impact, and using this to shape the direction of the business.