Chief Marketing Officer
Robert Half is seeking a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) that will be responsible for developing and executing the enterprise-wide global marketing strategy for Robert Half and Protiviti, in support of business growth, customer acquisition and retention. This individual is also responsible for leading the creation, positioning, maintenance, and evolution of a world-class brand identity that supports the company’s business and reputational goals as a global leader in professional business services. This includes hiring and developing a global team and oversight of all marketing functions.
The CMO will drive digital marketing programs, leveraging appropriate technology and media to further support customer acquisition and retention. The CMO is responsible for developing a global Content Management Program (CMP) that differentiates the Robert Half and Protiviti brands locally, nationally, and globally, and drives internal and external brand awareness. The CMO will be data driven in their decision making and using the latest data analytics to create enterprise KPIs for the marketing function.
- The CMO will be responsible for a global team
- Must work effectively as part of a matrix organization with multiple executives & leadership stakeholders across RH & Protiviti
- Must be able to distill and present complex information effectively to wide range of audiences
- Responsible for developing innovative, strategic marketing initiatives to drive revenue, increase market share, and make the Robert Half brand and service offering relevant and attractive to additional customer segments through time
- Provide expertise to the organization by building, developing, and managing a marketing team capable of carrying out strategies and tactics
- Play a critical role in overseeing, directing, and implementing the company’s Customer Experience Program
- Set quality objectives, performance standards and priorities that are implemented and monitored across the company with respect to marketing
- Oversee traditional and social media and all things digital
- Constantly monitor the competitive landscape and market conditions to identify opportunities, issues, and risks and recommend strategies and tactics to solve
- Own and efficiently and effectively leverage a multi-million-dollar budget, allocating spending and optimizing a blend of channels to hit growth targets, while thinking long-term and being resourceful with staff and expenses.
- Embed a culture that is data and insights driven, set a framework that uses research-driven insights and turn these into strategic action that has a measurable impact on commercial performance.
- Engage external partners such as creative agencies, media groups and technology partners to develop and run best-in-class marketing programs.
- Exhibit proven strategic brand thought-leadership; be an exceptional storyteller, able to see the big picture, propose innovative solutions to complex problems, and articulate clear goals, insights, plans and achievements to executives.
- Enhance the company’s brand position as a sector leader in diversity, equity, and inclusion
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- 15+ years’ proven experience leading marketing organizations in large, complex publicly traded global organizations; minimum of 10 + years in a senior leadership leading a world-class, multi-functional marketing organization.
- 15+ years marketing experience in comparable industries; corporate communication experience a plus
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing marketing strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives
- Thorough knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product, and service management
- Experience working with cutting-edge marketing tools relating to market research, data analytics, website development, product branding, visual communication software, written communication, and public relations
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team- oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage outsourced marketing activities
- Superb effective public speaking skills and professional/polished presence
- The ability to span boundaries and develop relationships across the organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, extremely energetic environment driven by self-motivation and self-initiative
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics
- High commercial acumen, takes control and drives the business and assume accountability for the performance of the marketing function
- Advanced ability to understand complex models and turn them into pragmatic solutions; strategic thinker, able to translate strategies into actions
- Resilient and energetic; copes effectively with pressure whilst initiating and responding positively to challenging ideas and pressure
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California, Corporate Services office. Take a look at roberthalf.com/corporate-office-video.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate Services job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s Corporate Services facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
You may apply for this position by email or regular mail. Please send your cover letter and resume to:
2613 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP