Company is the industry leader in retail AI solutions. We are a Silicon Valley based startup that has more than doubled in size every year since our founding. Our mission is to automate and optimize brick and mortar retail using deep learning computer vision. Focal has been deployed at scale with the top retailers in the world. We are looking for smart, creative and passionate people who love to learn, enjoy thinking critically, and want to build a great and enduring company.
- People and Project Management Skills
- 5+ years experience as an Engineering Manager
- Proven, hands-on experience in full-cycle software development and architecture
- Strong people and leadership skills, with the natural capability to command respect from development and engineering teams
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Computer Science / Software
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning
- Probability and Stats
- Have a CS degree for a 4 year institution
Core Responsibilities Include
- Report directly to our CEO and serve as a senior member of the leadership team
- Build and develop an exceptional engineering team that delivers with velocity and quality.
- Actively work with customers, field teams, and cross-functional product teams to deliver valuable solutions for customers.
- Craft and execute best-in-class product development processes.
- Bachelors, Masters or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.