Reporting to the Chief Product Officer (CPO), Company is looking for a seasoned and innovative technology leader to join our executive team. In this role, you will be the most senior technical leader across the organization and will establish the overall technical vision for Company. You will develop the strategy and manage the Platform and Services team which includes core services, security, API's, developer productivity, client platforms, identity, data infrastructure and builder tools. You will play a cross cutting role developing the overall engineering culture within Company and define the tools, technologies and processes used to ensure Engineering excellence.
An ideal candidate will have led multiple, major, worldwide, technology-enabled businesses. This leader should have strong familiarity with apps, games, mobile, video, or streaming services. They are comfortable managing large engineering teams in a fast paced and fluid business environment. Perhaps most importantly, this leader has a passion for technology and delighting customers around the globe with new and innovative products and services.
- Provide essential leadership as Company grows from the leading entertainment platform for gamers to be the platform of choice for expanded audiences in various new content areas.
- Build and lead an organization that owns the development of the overall technical strategy, setting compelling direction, fostering understanding across product lines, making smart innovation, leading teams to build roadmap and deliver results.
- Proactively partner with all other organization leaders to accelerate Company's fly wheel by continuously creating values for creators and viewers. Build the organizational muscle across Company to achieve Company's vision.
- Continuously focus on building and developing engineering leadership talents that have the business acumen and technical capability to deliver results.
- Lead through principles consistent with Company values and leadership success profile. This includes the demonstrated ability to think strategically, drive results, build a high-performing organization, continuously drive innovation and inspire the organization to achieve and exceed its goals.
- 15+ years experience building and managing large engineering teams in engineering oriented companies.
- 10+ years demonstration of strong technical and engineering skills including hands-on experience as an engineer.
- Success in shipping always-connected consumer software.
- Experience working on consumer-facing products with a skew towards gaming.
- Accomplished range of skills ranging from detailed analysis to high-level strategy.
- Personal passion for (and early adopter of) emerging consumer technologies - committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
- Work in fast-paced environment and resourceful in achieving success in the face of ambiguity while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule trade- offs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
- A technical/engineering undergraduate degree is required; MS in Computer Science is desired but not required.