Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Chinese Pouch Logistician/Linguist
Reports to: Information Programs Officer (IPO)
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
Assist the Embassy’s information management (IM) team with classified pouch logistics, with Beijing serving as a hub for Chengdu, Shanghai, Shenyang, and Wuhan posts. Serve as a Chinese linguist to accompany diplomatic couriers traveling between China posts.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Tracks classified pouches by entering data into logistics management software. Ensures accuracy of records. Coordinates all logistical arrangements for classified pouch runs. Ensures that couriers, escorts, laborers, and vehicles are arranged and accounted for. Uses computer applications to request and approve access requests and electronic country clearances. On pouch delivery days, assists with loading and unloading vans, and physically moving pouch bags in and out of the pouch vault.
Serves as Chinese linguist for classified pouch missions between China posts, accompanying diplomatic couriers on buses and vans and using Chinese skills to resolve issues that arise, such as traffic accidents and police checkpoints. May be away from post of assignment approximately 10 days per month to perform this duty.
Performs other related duties as required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older, in good physical condition and able to lift heavy loads (up to 60 lbs) multiple times, e.g., during the receipt and issuing process.
- Must be able to work in a difficult climate, including hot and humid weather.
- Must have completed high school or obtained a GED.
- Must have 2 years of related experience in office work, logistics, inventory management, or similar field. Must have demonstrated ability to learn and use logistics management software applications.
- Must have ability to communicate clearly orally and via email, in order to arrange logistics for multiple players.
- Top Secret clearance is required.
- Must pass FSI Chinese Mandarin test with speaking/reading score of 3/0 or higher.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.