Dignity Health Medical Foundation, established in 1993, is a California nonprofit public benefit corporation with care centers throughout California. Dignity Health Medical Foundation is an affiliate of Dignity Health - one of the largest health systems in the nation - with hospitals and care centers in California, Arizona and Nevada. Today, Dignity Health Medical Foundation works hand-in-hand with physicians and providers throughout California to provide comprehensive health care services to the many communities we serve. As Dignity Health Medical Foundation continues to grow and establish new premier care centers, we provide increasing support and investment in the latest technologies, finest physicians and state-of-the-art medical facilities. We strive to create purposeful work settings where staff can provide great care, while advancing in knowledge and experience through challenging work assignments and stimulating relationships. Our staff is well-trained and highly skilled, qualities that are vital to maintaining excellence in care and service.
Manages all operational aspects of the clinic. The Area Manager, Clinic Operations is expected to provide visionary leadership in order to maximize the effectiveness of all service delivery systems and financial performance, and cultivate a clinic culture that is responsive to patient care. The Area Manager, Clinic Operations will work closely with the staff and physicians in each unit to ensure that all fiduciary and clinical goals are met. Chief among these is a proactive determination of workload priorities through planning, coordinating and directing staff and physicians to meet the clinics administrative, operational and support requirements.
Responsibilities may include:
- In collaboration with Administrative Director and Physician Site Directors, supports a vision and work culture that reflects a patient care-focused environment. Collaborates, as appropriate, to discuss and resolve operational and financial issues pertaining to the practice. Participates in work groups, teams, task forces and committees to support ongoing division functions, provide input, and resolve ad hoc issues.
- Uses clinical performance metrics and other benchmarking tools to review clinic's performance on census, operational, financial, patient satisfaction, physician satisfaction, and patient safety standards. Ensures clinic meets established standards. Takes appropriate action to improve clinic performance.
- Responsible for coordination and management of clinics financial operation budget. Ensures that patient care is achieved at lowest controllable costs. In conjunction with Administrative Director assists in the development of annual clinic budget; by forecasting visits and expenses. Monitors fiscal operations on an ongoing basis. Resolves problems and issues and reconcile discrepancies in monthly financial reports.
- Supports physician leadership with appropriate data and analysis which allows physicians to effectively evaluate all aspects of the clinic performance.
- Responds to queries from Patient Advocate regarding patient complaints; works to resolve complaints and prevents similar occurrences in the future.
- Minimum of three (3) years of current healthcare management experience, preferably including the assigned medical group.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, finance or healthcare administration or equivalent combination of experience & education.
- Prior networking (relationship building) experience for either managed care or integrated delivery systems
- Demonstrated ability to work with physicians.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to express ideas assertively, clearly and concisely both orally and in writing. Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with others to secure necessary information and cooperation from a variety of people. Strong leadership and management skills to provide planning, coordination and direction to departmental staff, and to propose innovative solutions to management problems. Ability to work effectively and independently under pressure with a minimum of direction. Ability to understand and implement the requirements of providing patient care within a highly regulated and constantly changing environment. Ability to understand health care issues within a broad perspective, and to apply these issues to the clinical setting.
- Minimum of five (5) years of practice management experience in healthcare with out-patient experience preferred.
- Previous management experience in a union environment preferred
- Knowledge of business and management principles, and of budget control and accounting principles, including capital budgeting, cost accounting, professional and patient billing; and ability to apply these principles of a health care environment.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the budgeting process, management reports, accounting, purchasing and patient billing systems.
- Knowledge of personal and/or mainframe computers and software tools, including word processing, spreadsheet, data base, clinical information systems, electronic medical records, billing systems, and other application packages.
- Knowledge of reasons, structure and basic requirements of HMO, PPO and capitated risk plan contracts as they relate to physicians and practices.
- Master's degree in business, finance or healthcare administration preferred.
- Requisition ID: 2022-231207
- Department: Clinic Administration
- Hours / Pay Period: 80
- Shift: Day
- Standard Hours: Monday to Friday (8:00 AM - 5:00 PM)
- Facility / Process Level : Name: Dignity Health Medical Group San Francisco
- Location: CA-SAN FRANCISCO