Clinical Laboratory Scientist - Oakland, CA
Shift: 11am - 7pm (with flexibility)
• Perform RNA extraction and COVID-19 molecular testing using RT-PCR in a fast-paced, BSL-2 environment using a multichannel pipette with 96-well plates.
• Adhere to established laboratory policies in areas of procedures, quality control, quality assurance, and safety and compliance.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Strong background in molecular or cellular biological techniques and demonstrated ability to perform bench work.
• Multichannel pipette experience.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Must work effectively with an interdisciplinary team of scientists, physicians, lab technologists, quality assurance specialists, and client services team.
• Must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, integrity, enthusiasm and initiative on a daily basis. Must have ability to work in fast-paced environment and be solutions-oriented.
• Attention to detail is critical: assay results will change clinical management of critically ill patients!
• Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) license. (OR)
• Current California Clinical Molecular Biology Scientist License.
8 paid company holidays
Paid vacation and sick days
Comprehensive health and welfare benefits package
Employee share purchase plan
401(k) retirement savings plan with matching employer contribution
Employee referral bonus
Relocation assistance, available for certain roles
Training and development opportunities
Workplace perks such as snacks and coffee, and flexible work schedules