Provides in-depth clinical expertise in a defined area of nursing practice (e.g., pediatrics, oncology, adult medicine). Develops and ensures quality standards for nursing practice for a specific patient population. Provides advanced clinical practice education, consultation, research, and administration.
· Establishes and monitors care standards and makes recommendations for changes in area of clinical practice. Collaborates with nursing staff in assessing patient, family age-specific nursing needs and develops plan of care for complex high-risk patients.
· Eval uates the effectiveness of the care provided.
· Design’s teaching programs for patients/families and aids nursing staff in program implementation.
Develops interdisciplinary plans of care for complex and high-risk patients. In conjunction with members of the health care team, assesses staff knowledge and identifies competency-based education needs of staff and members.
· Designs and implements education programs to ensure the quality of staff knowledge and skills. Introduces new techniques/innovation based on advanced practice trends. May serve as a preceptor to graduate healthcare students.
· Provides consultation to physicians, nurses, and other health care providers in meeting care needs of individual or groups of patients in both outpatient and inpatient settings.
· Makes recommendations to change standards of care or standards of practice based on own research or the research of others.
· Defines and implements best nursing practices. Assists in interviewing staff and provides input into evaluations regarding clinical competence and provides coaching and counseling.
· Participates and consults in setting the direction for QA&I monitoring, establishing standards, and evaluating outcomes. Collects and analyzes data regarding patient care outcomes, trends, morbidity, and mortality.
· Accesses to the Health Connect to evaluate the quality of care provided. The hospital uses Health Connect to manage clinical operations. Monitor’s quality, appropriateness, and accuracy of the Health Connect documentation. Maintains role specific of Health Connect competencies.
· The hospital conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, the hospital can reserve the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.