Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
At Abbott, we believe people with diabetes should have the freedom to enjoy active lives. That’s why we’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health more effectively and comfortably, with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Our location in Alameda, CA currently has an opportunity for a Clinical Scientist.
As a Clinical scientist you will be responsible for building/improving the scientific presence in the marketplace and support the marketing strategies on a worldwide basis by providing technical expertise throughout the development and implementation of clinical evaluations, risk management, and /or clinical studies. Writes/manages clinical evaluation (plans and reports) or clinical trial protocols, protocol amendments, risk master lists, clinical trial registrations and results postings, clinical study project timelines and scientific publications. Interacts with various study support groups cross-functional teams in order to assist in clinical strategy, the development of plans, reports and project deliverables. Interacts with regulatory agencies as needed, and will use their scientific and medical knowledge in order to provide directives to staff as well as study sites as directed by your manager.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and implement technical marketing strategies to protect or promote sales of products. Review Ad/promo contents for Clinical and Scientific Affairs functions.
- Provide clinical/technical support to Scientific and Medical affairs to address product related queries.
- Generate literature summaries and technical write-ups for regulatory submissions.
- Write papers and presentations for publication in peer-reviewed medical and/or scientific journals or conferences.
- Assess regulatory guidance applicable to ad/promo and publications and recommend changes to current processes.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of quality system.
- Ensures adherence to appropriate work instructions and operating procedures
- Facilitates communication between Sales and Marketing, R&D, Clinical R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Library Services, Clinical Affairs or Clinical Science, or Medical Writers, as directed by your manager.
- Conducts team meetings, drafting and sending routine correspondence (e.g., newsletters) and/or by presenting regular updates to senior staff.
- Creates, manages, or participates in clinical study or clinical evaluation timelines, and budgets by utilizing the appropriate project management tools, selecting providers or external medical writers, managing vendor contracts as requested, and ensuring expenditures are within budgetary guidelines.
- Participates in the development of clinical strategy and trial design by conducting meetings with the appropriate departments and individuals to obtain feedback/direction.
- Writes scientific papers for publication by evaluating scientific literature, analyzing scientific data and staying abreast of current clinical practice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
Bachelor’s Degree in the sciences, medicine, or similar discipline highly preferred or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Minimum 8 years related work experience with a complete understanding of specified functional area. Comprehensive knowledge of a particular technological field. Uses in-depth knowledge of business unit functions and cross group dependencies/ relationships. Is recognized as an expert in work group and across functions. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Has broad knowledge of various technical alternatives and their potential impact on the business.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your contribution is essential to success
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.