Ref ID: 00343-0011741034
Classification: Administrative Assistant
Compensation: $21.93 to $25.39 hourly
Looking to take your experience as an Administrative Assistant to the next level? OfficeTeam has a terrific opportunity for you to consider in a dynamic, ever-growing team. You will be leading the efforts of supporting the office by taking on various office and administrative tasks as an Administrative Assistant. This Administrative Assistant role is a long-term temporary opportunity and is located in the Oakland, California area.
- Provides outreach and education targeted towards in the Asian/Pacific Islander community with a focus on Youth Services, Women’s Communities, HIV/AIDS programs, and/or limited English speaking immigrant adults.
- Assists with or conducts an ongoing needs assessment, through formats such as focus group discussions and community surveys.
- Assists in developing culturally and linguistically appropriate health education and advocacy programs for the Asian Pacific Islander community.
- Plans and coordinates medium to large-scale AHS community health education activities under the guidance of the Program Coordinator.
- May assist in implementing the peer education component and other activities including the development of materials and fliers.
- Assists in planning and developing new methods of outreach and education.
- Develops surveys for participants to evaluate health education activities. Coordinates evaluation activities including collection of data, initial data analysis, and writing evaluation reports.
- Recruits and assists with training of volunteers and/or student aides.
- Assures that AHS health education programs are linguistically and culturally appropriate.
- Conducts health-related workshops for monolingual groups in the appropriate language and cultural orientation.
- Assists in content development or adaptation of educational materials for cultural appropriateness in a variety of formats (written, video, displays/posters, slideshows, etc.).
- Reviews and assures proper translation of health education material both from within AHS and from outside agencies into appropriate Asian languages and cultural level.
- Writes close-to-final drafts of health education materials (brochures, curricula, displays) in English.
- Assists in coordinating the production