Ref ID: 00370-0011788737
Classification: Jr. Paralegal
Robert Half Legal is looking for a skilled Compliance Professional to fill an immediate need in the Redwood City, California area. An organization in the High Tech - Pharm/Biotech field is looking for a versatile applicant to come on board and take the lead on intake and matter management for their clients. In addition to working alone, you should be able to build effective working relationships within a team environment. This role requires tasks such as conducting legal research, drafting and reviewing documents, supporting cases, and other duties. Are you a go-getter who pays attention to detail? Submit your application as soon as possible!
- Assist with implementation, administration, and management of company’s corporate compliance program.
- Assist with US and international transparency reporting efforts to ensure accurate and timely reporting of HCP spends under Sunshine/Open Payments disclosure laws.
- Manage company’s compliance software system, MediSpend, to ensure all required information is properly captured, remediated, reconciled, and reported for compliance purposes.
- Helps perform onsite audit and monitoring of company sponsored events; and assist in designing compliance training. Monitors compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Review, and manage Healthcare Provider (HCP) consulting agreements for qualifications, background/exclusion checks, and Fair Market Value compensation.
- Review consulting payments, educational grants, sponsorships, and exhibit requests related to HCPs.
- Assist with the administration of the company’s data privacy program.
- Assist with routine updates of compliance policies, procedures and processes.
- Address questions and provide guidance to employees on compliance-related policies and procedures.
- Support the Company's adoption of tools and technologies that support the Global Compliance Program.
- Work collaboratively with other functions (e.g. HR, Audit and Finance) and other key stakeholders to appropriately document and respond to compliance issues; and,
- Conduct vendor due diligence.
- Update and modify compliance policies and practices to stay abreast with industry law and company needs.
- Provide administrative support to the compliance team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who is eager to grow their legal career. Don't wait to get your career moving in the right direction - contact us today!