About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investment, and mortgage products and services, as well as consumer and commercial finance, through 7,400 locations, more than 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com), and mobile banking, and has offices in 32 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 260,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the U.S. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 29 on Fortune's 2019 rankings of America's largest corporations. News, insights, and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at: Wells Fargo Stories.
Wells Fargo Consumer and Small Business Banking
Wells Fargo's Consumer and Small Business Banking businesses include Branch Banking, Small Business, Deposits, Consumer and Small Business Strategy & Transformation, Consumer and Small Business Operations, and Consumer & Small Business Digital.
These organizations are at the center of our efforts to rebuild trust and transforming the way we serve our customers and clients. They are focused on innovating and transforming our business with the customer at the center, better enabling customers to engage with us how, when, and wherever they choose through a broad suite of financial products and services.
Branch Banking serves more than 70 million consumer and small business customers through a distribution network consisting of retail branches, ATMs, and online and digital channels. In addition to offering financial products and services to consumers and small businesses through approximately 5,400 retail banking branches and more than 13,000 ATMs in 36 states and Washington, D.C.
The CSBB Risk Management Operations Leader will lead change management to implement the Risk Management Framework for Consumer and Small Business Banking, and manage some of the risk functions required by the target state. Direct functions include Financial Crimes, Third Party Management, Model Risk and End User Computing Tools, Policy Management and Risk Acceptance, New Business Initiatives, Privacy/Records/Data, Operational Risk Events, Self-Assurance Activities, and Payments Risk.
This leader will also ensure that functions such as Conduct Risk, Risk Data & Analytics, Business Continuity, and Global Delivery are appropriately organized within CSBB (including within their direct organization) and will report on the overall effectiveness of these programs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and report on risk processes, performance, and associated metrics across business to Senior Management.
- Manage risk impacting customers in a manner consistent with Wells Fargo's values and business principles.
- Manage relationships and foster a team orientation with business heads, independent risk management, LOB Control Executives, legal, audit and multiple regulators.
- Build a high performing risk management organization that meets heightened risk management expectations.
Leadership, integrity, and credibility will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; they will be impressive in their inter-personal effectiveness and with regard to their accomplishments. This role requires a leader with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement.
- 12+ years of experience in one or more of the following functional areas: business process, quality assurance, strategic planning, or project management
- 10+ years of management experience
- 8+ years of risk management experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Meaningful knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, including: risk identification, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related decisions, processes and controls, risk analytics and governance.
- Understanding of best-practice risk management techniques across financial services industry, preferably within a customer facing business.
- Knowledge of relevant financial regulations and understanding of how they are implemented, managed and enforced.
- Deep technical understanding of specific Consumer Banking business operations, processes, products, and customer interactions and where they manifest risk.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and communications skills with an ability to interact effectively with stakeholders and regulators, to include virtual, matrixed leadership experience and the ability to effectively manage and build relationships within the business and enterprise Risk function.
- Proven leadership and project management skills to drive alignment across stakeholder groups to develop and deliver repeatable end to end risk management solutions and controls aligned with business/customer processes.
- Deep understanding of risk framework, corporate/business policies, and programs to translate into plans for the business, function and/or risk type.
- Demonstrated leadership ability that embodies the Wells Fargo Vision and Values and leadership competencies.
- Ethical integrity and demonstrated ability to assess and determine when to raise concerns and escalate.
- Proven ability to build and lead high performing control risk management organization in a matrixed environment, ensure proper staffing and expertise exists and can coach and enable others in risk management and risk ownership.
- Strong analytical ability used to identify risks and confidently raise issues, escalate early and engage in constructive credible challenge and will do so independently when necessary.
- Proven ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationale.
Location: San Francisco, CA; Charlotte, NC; New York, NY; other Wells Fargo hub locations may be considered
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.