A large Tech Company is looking for a highly organized, systems-oriented Content Strategist with a strong understanding of UX to create and update educational product documentation and UX content on a design portal for a core platform.
You’d be fully responsible for creating, reviewing, editing and publishing content that explains our core workflows, design principles, users/audiences and UX best practices. You’d work closely with product designers, product content strategists and other product team members to develop this content, and partner with a communications designer to improve the information architecture and navigation for an internal design portal.
The content you create may also be used for presentations, training videos and other internal resources. As the documentation you develop will be used for internal platform design governance, you will need to be an expert in structuring, drafting, and creating product documentation. Additionally, you will need to be a proactive problem solver to get the information you need, collaborate with stakeholders, have an eye for detail, ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously while addressing feedback from key partners, and deliver high-quality work on schedule.
- Understand the current channels the product team uses to educate partner teams about this platform’s best practices, what is currently working well and what challenges the team is having
- Audit the existing documentation and identify areas to improve, gaps to fill and opportunities to elevate the documentation quality and coverage
- Define goals for this project, including how to measure success of the new documentation
- Develop a plan to create all necessary documentation based on the audit you conducted
- Partner with the communications designer to refine the information architecture for the portal where this documentation will live
- Write documentation and collaborate with our design and content strategy teams to review and refine documentation
- Publish documentation on our internal design portal
- Develop and launch a communication plan for the documentation that aligns to the product teams existing strategic comms plan
- Write content creation guidelines and train our design, UXR and CS teams about how to write product education content
- Share an analysis of the usage and success of the new documentation
- 3-5 years experience as a content strategist, help center writer, UX writer, or technical writer
- Preferred experience working in a CMS
- Preferred experience working in design tools, such as Sketch, Origami, etc
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables
- Proven track record for designing and delivering customer-focused product documentation
- Must be able to effortlessly manage ambiguity, prioritize work and improvise in a fast paced, deadline driving, detail-oriented environment
- Must be able to independently manage and deliver high-quality work on schedule
- Strong communication and collaboration skills is a must
- Experience working directly with product teams, including UX/product designers, researchers, and product managers
- Understanding of design systems is a plus