Company is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, and what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters— Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour and many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
- Someone with a proven track record of leading and developing top-tier accounting teams.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment and own critical decision-making responsibilities to build the team and infrastructure.
- Experience with direct-to-consumer, eCommerce, and content businesses.
- Someone who can be a player-coach, as needed -- adept at manipulating, analyzing and auditing large volumes of data, but also a skilled people manager.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure consistent implementation of corporate accounting principles and procedures in full compliance with US GAAP.
- Own the financial close process and all associated processes and reporting to deliver accurate and timely results to the organization to facilitate critical decision making.
- Develop, implement and maintain the internal systems and financial controls consistent with Company’s policies and regulatory guidelines, ensuring compliance with all local, state and federal tax requirements and filings.
- Lead a team of accounting professionals with responsibilities for the general ledger, tax, payroll, accounts payable and receivable, artist payments, financial reporting, stock plan administration and external audit relationships.
- Provide leadership and vision for scaling the team and our financial infrastructure to keep up with the demands of Company’s high-growth business.
- Understand and document reporting needs, collaborate on operational issues, develop creative solutions in the absence of perfect systems, and provide business guidance and insight through financial reporting.
- As a critical leader, the Controller will build relationships and partner with all departments to provide data and insights to help managers run the company and make effective decisions.
- Evaluate opportunities for scale and growth and consider ways to drive efficiency and automation.
- 10+ years experience, currently a Director of Accounting, Assistant Controller, or Controller preferably in both US and Global operating environments.
- 4+ years audit/assurance experience from a Big 4 public accounting firm. A strong technical accounting background, CPA required.
- Experience in helping drive toward IPO readiness, ERP implementation.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Experience with direct-to-consumer, eCommerce, and content businesses