Ref ID: 00340-0011574766
Classification: In House Counsel
Compensation: $140000.00 to $170000.00 yearly
Robert Half Legal is recruiting a Corporate Counsel for a publicly traded enterprise software company on the Peninsula. This in-house attorney position is responsible for negotiating inbound and outbound contracts, advising on data privacy laws and regulatory compliance, and regularly servicing the Sales, Finance, and Product teams.
The principal duties of the Corporate Counsel are the following:
• Manage the drafting, reviewing, and negotiating of Sales agreements with customers (contracts include SaaS and software licensing agreements, open-source licensing, SOWs, NDAs, strategic alliance agreements, reseller and OEM agreements, etc.);
• Manage Procurement contracts, negotiate service levels agreements and renewals with vendors, and work closely with team leads to understand their sourcing needs, develop best practices, and improve template agreements;
• Support Product and engineering teams on compliance with Privacy, data security, consumer protection, and other applicable laws and regulations (U.S. and E.U.); and
• Other advisory work as needed in the Legal Department, including commercial, risk management, employment/HR, and corporate governance.
The qualifications for the position are the following:
• 5+ year of experience forming, revising, and negotiating contracts, preferably in-house at a technology company;
• Transactional experience in the B2B technology space, including enterprise software licensing agreements, Saas contracts, IP law, and data protection, privacy, and security;
• Commercial law experience supporting tech companies at a well-regarded law firm is desirable;
• Fierce negotiation aptitude, great communication and interpersonal skills, and able to work well with Sales, customers, Product and engineering teams; and
• Able to manage large volume of contracts, organized, responsive, and good business and legal judgment.
This is an excellent direct-hire opportunity with a fantastic Legal team (very nice and supportive attorneys!). Our client offers a base salary range of $140,000-170,000/yr, DOE, target 10% annual bonus, stock options (RSUs), and comprehensive employment benefits. For confidential consideration, please email your resume to Jon Lucchese, Vice President for Permanent Placement Services Division, at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . Thank you!