Flynn Restaurant Group (FRG) was started in 1999 as the owner and operator of eight Applebee's in Washington State.
Since then the company has grown at over 20% a year, added two additional leading brands in Taco Bell and Panera, and has become the largest restaurant franchise and one of the 50 largest foodservice companies in the United States.
Today, through its three wholly-owned subsidiaries, Apple American Group, Bell American, and Pan American, FRG owns and operates over 470 Applebee's, 270 Taco Bells, and 130 Panera cafes, representing $1.9 Billion in Sales and directly employing 40,000 people in 32 states.
Going forward the company plans to continue its aggressive growth by building and acquiring additional restaurants as well as opportunistically expanding into other brands and businesses.
Flynn Restaurant Group Support Center
Our mission at the Support Center is clear – we provide ever improving support and systems that enable FRG to be more effective and focus on running premier restaurants.
We value our 150+ employees and are committed to setting clear expectations, rewarding and appreciating their contributions and helping our employees reach their full potential.
We look for people to join our team who think beyond themselves and consider the overall business, that want to "Own it" and have the "Whatever it Takes" attitude!
As the Corporate Development Analyst of Flynn Restaurant Group LP, the candidate reports directly to the Director of Corporate Development to assist in restaurant acquisition underwriting and due diligence, financial planning and analyses as well as deal negotiation, capital market transactions, business analysis and real estate development. The Corporate Development Analyst will have direct access to the CEO and CFO, working closely with them in all aspects of the business.
The position will be an integral part of the corporate development team, tasked with supporting the growth of the company through financial modeling and planning, data analysis and due diligence. This role will be an opportunity to work very closely with senior company executives, private equity sponsor representatives, banks and other capital providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Financial Analysis & Planning
- Develop and maintain detailed forecast and valuation models for FRG, as well as its real estate and business acquisition targets.
- Perform in-depth analyses on critical aspects of restaurant operations and real estate investments, and present results in a way that is actionable for a variety of audiences
- Prepare presentation materials for the Board of Directors, lenders and equity investors
Acquisition Due Diligence
- Analyze unit-level and consolidated financial statements for acquisition targets
- Assess financial statement integrity of target companies
- Coordinate due diligence efforts between accounting, finance, human resources, IT and purchasing departments for all acquisitions
Contract Negotiation & Deal Management
- Support contract negotiations for business acquisitions and new restaurant locations
- Manage aspects of restaurant build-out as they relate to negotiated deals
- Coordinate all aspects of acquisition integration
- Other duties as assigned.
- Investment banking, private equity, consulting, institutional real estate or similar investment experience a plus but not required
- Strong desire to learn financial, analytical and valuation skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office
- Basic understanding of financial statements and accounting standards
- Above all else, a self-starter with a positive, team-oriented attitude, and a good sense of humor
Why Work for Flynn?
Flynn Restaurant Group offers a variety of benefits and perks to encourage and empower our employees. We are committed to helping each employee work and live to his or her fullest potential. We offer a variety of benefits and perks while working for us:
Medical / Dental Vision
Retirement and Savings Plan
Short and Long Term Disability
Basic Life Insurance
Voluntary Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
Flexible Work Schedules
The Flynn Restaurant Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For a copy of Flynn Restaurant Group's Workplace Privacy Notice, please visit http://www.flynnrestaurantgroup.com/workplace-privacy-notice/.