deliriously Corporate Paralegal
http://msjazee.com/?p=122 MENLO PARK
- Primary responsibility for gathering information for weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and logs used by team. Updates the information for the period. Monitors deadlines for reports, sends prompts and reminders or escalates to a supervisor or department lawyer in order to support timely reporting. Initial point of contact for data in report to corporate services business units or external counsel. Distributes Report on schedule.
- Prepares state and local filings for employment licenses, dba filings, parent and subsidiary corporate filings and related correspondence with external counsel. Monitors due dates and proactively gathers supporting approvals and signatures for timely filings. Provides notary jurat as required on filings or arranges for notary. Routine litigation related correspondence with insurance broker, external counsel and witnesses.
- Performs research to assist attorneys in all aspects of the company’s business. Summarize research and prepare reports for attorneys.
- Manage projects with an attorney leading the matter. Organize and strategize on how to proceed with a project, the interim steps needed to complete the project, monitoring the project and timely meeting the deadlines associated with the project.
- Calculates fees and handles A/P process for fees related to filings. Receive, track, log, and initiate payment process for invoices, including law firm invoices and legal department expenses.
- Responsible for file set up for new corporate or litigation matters. Gathers facts and documents for claims. Calendar filing deadlines for corporate filings or litigation claims. Maintain and update case or corporate information in files.
- Associates Degree with Paralegal or legal secretary training
- 5+ years as legal secretary or paralegal
- MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint + Legal database software
- Knowledge of basic accounting concepts
- Notary or ability to obtain notary license
or call 1.855.744.6947 for assistance.
The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
CA MENLO CORPORATE