Ref ID: 00410-0012267303
Robert Half is seeking a Corporate Paralegal to work in our Legal Department at our Executive Offices in Menlo Park [hybrid telecommute indefinitely] to support the provision of legal services to the Company by the lawyers in the department for corporate matters. The Paralegal manages individual functions with supervision from lawyers and collaborates with lawyers and with other colleagues across corporate functions. Duties include subsidiary maintenance, license fillings, preparing reports and logs, maintaining data on various legal projects, due diligence review for acquisitions, preparation of summaries and presentations, file organization and maintaining corporate minutes, among other tasks.
• Primary responsibility for gathering information for weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and logs used by team. Updates the information for the period. Monitors deadlines for reports, sends prompts and reminders or escalates to a supervisor or department lawyer in order to support timely reporting. Initial point of contact for data in report to corporate services business units or external counsel. Distributes report on schedule.
• Prepares state and local filings for employment licenses, dba filings, parent and subsidiary corporate filings and related correspondence with external counsel. Monitors due dates and proactively gathers supporting approvals and signatures for timely filings. Provides notary jurat as required on filings or arranges for notary.
• Performs research to assist attorneys in all aspects of the company’s business. Summarize research and prepare reports for attorneys.
• Manage projects with an attorney leading the matter. Organize and strategize on how to proceed with a project, the interim steps needed to complete the project, monitoring the project and timely meeting the deadlines associated with the project.
• Responsible for file set up for new corporate matters. Gather forms required from government agencies. Calendar filing deadlines for corporate filings. Maintain and update case or corporate information in files.
• Associates Degree with paralegal or legal secretary training
• 2+ years as legal secretary or paralegal
• MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and legal database software
• Knowledge of basic accounting concepts
APPLY TODAY! This is a direct-hire opportunity with excellent work-life balance and competitive salary and comprehensive employment benefits offered (including good Paid Time Off [PTO] and company match on 401k Plan). Please email resume to Jon Lucchese, VP – Permanent Placement Services Division, at jon.lucchese‹at›roberthalf‹dot›com . Thank you!