Corporate Programs Project Management IV-
Location : Alpharetta GA
Program Manager Responsibilities
Deliver program outcomes and associated benefits within time, cost, quality and customer satisfaction parameters for strategic initiatives. Provide leadership of the planning and execution of the program(s), a vision, strategic planning and supporting tactical execution plans for a strategic, pan-Fiserv service or set of services. Programs may cross multiple Digital Channels and Fiserv business areas and has a high degree of complexity, senior executive visibility, and high risk if not delivered on-time and with expected quality levels. This leader is expected to work under minimal supervision with oversight provided by GM and other leaders.
• Program Manage high impact strategic initiatives for the division which are critical for the ongoing success of the team. (project plans, tasks, timelines, resourcing, interdependencies)
• Ensure predictable, consistent, and successful program(s) benefits realization
• Provide a complete view of the overall program to the organization and all stakeholders, at all levels, including executive management at the highest level
• Exhibit proactive behavior by engaging in program planning activities, including but not limited to: Defining the overall charter of the program; Creating and maintaining a consolidated timeline highlighting the major milestones and associated dates for program activities; Identifying and communicating program and other project dependencies and impacts; Putting mechanisms in place to ensure on-going control of the program (E.g., Program Approach, Risk Management, Issues Management, Change Control, etc.);
• Drive defined program governance and standard program routines, outlining objectives, agendas, and expectations for participants including responsibilities and decision rights
• Drive success criteria and measurement/metrics plan defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage to expected program outcomes to achieve expected program benefits
• Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the project, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout program; Partner and influence across DC, Fiserv, and third-party vendors, to collectively coordinate, communicate, and hold accountable teams and deliverables that are critical to program success.
• Proactively communicate the program’s progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout program lifecycle. Provide leadership and key stakeholders with the information and venues to make effective, timely decisions
• Assesses challenges and commits to actions after identifying alternative methods or options that are based on logical assumptions and other factual information
• Practically apply the concepts and principles behind the PMI program management framework and other applicable methodologies and processes. Leverage agile methods and practices to enable achievement of project outcomes and hold individual program and/or project managers assigned to the program to these expectations.
• Provide leadership and management of a small staff of project managers, program managers, and other roles as required for the initiative
Portfolio Manager Responsibilities
Developing and maintaining project portfolio standards, reporting and metrics management of all projects submitted to our Digital Channels (DC) Business Unit. Maintain relationships with and communicates portfolio progress to multiple partners to communicate delivery success against the business strategy and to support the annual planning process across the department. Provide visibility, analytics and consulting into delivery quality and fiscal responsibility on the DC business objectives across all DC project portfolios.
• Update project related data in the Clarity PPM tool for new project requests required to move the request through the demand process
• Collaborate with multiple lines of business from a project/portfolio perspective
• Facilitate and support the annual planning process across all LOB project portfolios for the purpose of determining the IT ‘build’ strategy the project portfolios need to deliver on.
• Prepare project list for weekly review calls and facilitate portfolio review calls where necessary
• Build presentations in MS Power Point for executive level audience
• Demonstrate program reporting skills to develop various views of the overall portfolio
• Drive standard metrics that help to identify issues within the organization along with the action plan to resolve them
• Accountable for the LOB project portfolio PPM system and administration
• Make recommendations for improvements to the Digital Channels portfolio management function
• Train project requestors, other partners on the Digital Channels demand management process
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent work experience
• 5-7 years of previous program leadership and/or relevant consulting experience
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in PMI project or program management processes and methodologies, as well as, project lifecycle
• Experience in driving large scale organizational change efforts. Change champion with good communication skills written and verbal.
• Experience with matrix management of cross-functional processes and teams
• Proficient with Project Management tools, PowerPoint deck creation, MS Office skills, including Excel
• Self-starter and high energy; willingness to support others; learn and grow;
• Reporting experience – Tableau, SQL and/or Power BI