The Data Center Manager role is responsible for the secure and reliable day-to-day operation of the Hayward datacenter Network, hardware, software, and systems interoperation (networks, servers and applications). These include but are not limited to: operating systems; server hardware; network equipment; phone systems; wireless networking. Participates in IT projects as a subject matter expert as necessary.
The role will support departments having specialized IT needs to meet business objectives. These groups include Engineering, Manufacturing, Facilities and Quality Assurance.
- Ensure Hayward IT network infrastructure is up and running fine
- Interacting with Hayward customer, application team and ensure all the data center needs and networking needs are taken care
- Good working knowledge of the ITSM, 21 CFR Part 11 and GxP documentation practices
- Participate in hardware and software procurement decisions for infrastructure systems.
- Oversight of vendors and consultants performing various systems and business systems implementations.
- Work closely with departmental managers to plan and implement future infrastructure site requirements.
- Facilitate local projects that are designed to either add functionality required by the site or to address ongoing infrastructure issues.
- Engage in regular infrastructure troubleshooting activities and assist in resolving network connectivity issues.
- Work with application owners to ensure backup and recovery planning, testing and implementation, including BCDR documentation is GMP Compliant.
- Assist with security analysis, planning and implementation locally.
- Review audits of all security, performance and exception logs for all server, network, and security components as required by corresponding corporate teams.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of documentation for all applicable infrastructure and business systems configurations.
- Regular scheduled status meetings with management, business users and user groups
- Escalated helpdesk issue tracking and resolution as required.
- Ensure IT business needs of the manufacturing site is taken care of.
- Act as a single point of contact for all manufacturing site infrastructure needs.
- Participate in GMP Change Control process to ensure unique site requirements are met.
- Work with Cloud and Network Teams to ensure reliable cloud connectivity
- Ability to run down to Hayward DC if any emergency arises
Knowledge/ Experience and Skills:
- 15+ Years relevant experience
- Good Networking, FW, cisco networking knowledge
- Microsoft Active Directory.
- Familiarity with server setup, including operating system installation and configuration, network setup, and troubleshooting.
- Cisco routers and switches, Palo Alto Firewalls, and manage wireless solutions.
- Backup and recovery implementation and operation for Microsoft and Linux/UNIX operating systems.
- Experience in a heterogeneous environment including Microsoft, Linux operating systems.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking that results in new ideas that drive the business forward.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including ability to conduct outside/inside research, analyze data, and use tools to develop models and drive analyses.
- Experience working to support a GMP environment.
- Experience working with global teams.
- Experience working on multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Be independent and self-driven.
- Ability to lift 50 LB of IT equipment if need be
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Experience in either software development projects or software integration projects in a service-oriented environment (Cloud, SOA, Web-Services) or virtualization environment.
- Windows Domain Administrator of user accounts and group policy objects and Linux administration
- Experience working in ITIL managed environments
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Travel (approximately 10%)
- Regularly requires activities to be performed outside of normal business hours
- Should be on-call and reachable by phone unless prior arrangements have been made
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology