Data Privacy Counsel
Robert Half is seeking a Data Privacy Counsel that will work with Protiviti and RH (the “Company”) senior management and the Company Global Privacy Office in administering an organization-wide privacy compliance program. Serve as lead North America and South America privacy counsel for the Company responsible for creating, updating, and implementing the Company’s privacy policies for North America and South America and coordinating such policies with the Company’s global privacy program in collaboration with the Company Global Privacy Office, Information Security, Corporate Legal and other stakeholders.
- Monitor and understand existing and new privacy laws, regulations and other mandates related to the protection, use, collection, sharing and storage of data (including personal), including the impact of such laws, regulations, and mandates on the Company’s businesses. Accountable for researching, knowing and interpretating data privacy laws (including employment privacy laws) in North America and South America. Partner with the Company Global Privacy Office and Corporate Legal Department to assess the impact of changes to laws and regulations in the North America and South America region and to oversee the implementation of legal and regulatory changes to the Company’s processes.
- Deliver high quality and timely data privacy related advice to internal stakeholders and offer pragmatic actionable guidance and solutions on the application, impact and implementation of applicable local privacy and data protection laws, working collaboratively across multiple teams and jurisdictions.
- Investigate, identify issues, and make recommendations for resolutions in relation to issues of non-compliance with data privacy and local employment privacy laws and regulations in North America and South America.
- Provide privacy advice, investigation, and remediation activities in relation to data subject rights, privacy related complaints, and communications with data protection authorities in North America and South America and provide support in relation to these matters in other jurisdictions.
- Serve on global privacy committees and provide legal and strategic guidance on privacy activities and initiatives for the Company in North America and South America.
- Counsel and assist with the development, review and resolution of privacy assessments and related ongoing compliance monitoring activities such as DPIAs/PIAs in North America and South America. Counsel and assist with the development and review of internal and external-facing privacy policies and program documents for the company in North America and South America.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and ongoing compliance monitoring of the Company’s third-party providers to ensure privacy concerns, requirements, and responsibilities are addressed.
- Ensure that transfer of personal data in and out of the local jurisdiction is compliant with applicable data protection legislation. Counsel and assist with the development, review and resolution of privacy issues that come up during commercial negotiations, helping with security incident response, and advising leaders at the Company on the constantly evolving landscape of risks relating to privacy and data protection in North America and South America.
- Advance privacy accountability across the organization through effective tools, training, and guidance. Assist and train Company legal colleagues with drafting and negotiating privacy/data protection/security language in the Company’s client and vendor North America and South America agreements.
- Law degree (preferable with a specialization in Data Protection and/or Data Privacy qualifications) and an admitted lawyer.
- Privacy or compliance accreditation. CIPP/CIPM or comparable privacy certification desirable.
- 4+ years of experience as a practicing attorney, in-house and/or at a law firm, including at least 2 years of direct, hands-on experience providing legal counseling on data protection and privacy issues.
- Experience and expertise with conducting privacy by design reviews
- Knowledge of contract principles and requirements under applicable North America and South America laws in connection with privacy.
- Experience of dealing with one or more of the North America and South America data protection authorities.
- Limited travel required as needed.
- Ability to work remotely, be self-organized and self-manage the workload and schedule.
- Knowledge and experience with several North America and South America privacy regulations
- Ability to work under pressure and to effectively manage high volume of work.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills.
- Hardworking, flexible, team player.
- Knowledge of a second language is desirable.
At Robert Half, there’s more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it’s like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California, Corporate Services office. Take a look at roberthalf.com/corporate-office-video.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate Services job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s Corporate Services facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
You may apply for this position by email or regular mail. Please send your cover letter and resume to:
2613 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP