Client : Technology
Job Title : Data Scientist
Location : Menlo Park,CA
Duration : 3 Months (High possibility of extension)
The main function of the Data Scientist is to produce innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets.
- Apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement.
- Use a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data.
- Generate and test hypotheses and analyze and interpret the results of product experiments.
- Work with product engineers to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide guidelines for large-scale implementation.
- Provide Business Intelligence (BI) and data visualization support, which includes, but limited to support for the online customer service dashboards and other ad-hoc requests requiring data analysis and visual support.
- Operational POC responsible for monitoring and diagnosing any deviations in the program lead gen funnel
- Create and/or update data pipelines and dashboards as needed to support program operations
- Work closely with central and regional PMs, Marketing, Operations, and DS teams to address ad hoc questions
- Identify opportunities to further improve User Experience in the program and to propose and scope changes required to do so
- 5 years experience in data querying and manipulation using SQL or Python
- 2 years of experience in a data science capacity in a business strategy, marketing, finance, engineering, or analytics organization
- Experience developing data pipelines via SQL and Python-based ETL framework
- Experience shipping code into production
- Experience writing testable code
- Comfortable using version control tools such as git or mercurial
- Experience in dashboard building (i.e. Tableau)
- Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, ability to initiate and drive projects with minimal oversight and guidance
- Proven track record of leveraging data to deliver business value and present data-driven insights to business audiences
- Experience building cross-functional relationships across a variety of functions to launch projects to drive business value
- Experience communicating with and influencing technical and non-technical audiences (engineers, data scientists, program managers, marketers)Experience with experimental design
- Experience with data analysis and statistical modeling using the R or Python ecosystems, with packages such as pandas, statsmodels, scikit-learn, tidyverse (dplyr, ggplot2, etc.)
- Communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Small Business landscape and/or online marketing and advertising
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
marketing,Finance,Design,Engineering,POS,Presentation,Shipping, Communication, SAN, Analytics, ETL,Influencing, organization, SQL, Business,Python