Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
How will you make an impact?
You will be a part of the fast-growing field of Clinical Diagnostics developing algorithms for molecular diagnostics based on real-time PCR technologies. Your interaction and collaboration with a talented team of assay, reagents, software, hardware designers and manufacturing will revolutionize healthcare through high throughput diagnostic systems. Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. has played a pivotal role in the COVID-19 pandemic with the TaqPath COVID-19 Combo Kit for testing SARS-CoV-2. We continue to innovate and provide new solutions for the pandemic and we need your talent to help save lives.
What will you do?
• Leverage your intellectual curiosity, a broad array of statistical and machine learning techniques to investigate problems, detect patterns and trends in the data and build predictive models to assess the performance of our clinical test and enable development of high accuracy clinical calling algorithms.
• Deliver key findings and recommendations to internal and external stakeholders with diverse backgrounds.
• Automate methods, deploy tools and models to internal users.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams such as algorithm developers, experimental scientists, and software engineers
How will you get here?
Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Computer Science or related discipline; postgraduate degree (Master’s, PhD) is highly preferred
• 1+ years of data scientist or similar role (biotechnology industry preferred)
• Strong hands on data analysis, modeling, and classifiers experience
• Strong knowledge of data structures and common methods in data transformation
• Hands on experience with statistical packages, pattern recognition and predictive modeling
• Proficient in one or more programming languages like C++, Java and Python
• Experience utilizing Matlab, JMP, R, or SPSS
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Understanding of clinical trial design and evaluation
• Knowledge in Molecular Biology and Clinical Diagnostics
• Strong understanding of qPCR and amplification curve data
• Prior experience with US-FDA 510k product development/submission, 21 CFR Part 11, and ISO 13485 is highly preferred
• Ability to present and communicate data analysis results to non-experts
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com