Capgemini Government Solutions (CGS) LLC is seeking a highly motivated, self-starter with database design and development experience to join our team in the DC Metro Area but with the flexibility to work from home. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to apply and grow their skillset in data management, development, analysis, and reporting, work with a motivated and entrepreneurial team, engage with a wide range of stakeholders, and build CGS's capabilities in application development while serving our clients.
As a Database Application Developer you will:
- Design, develop, deliver, and support multiple database software applications.
- Reverse engineer existing applications, identify areas for improvement, and implement improvements.
- Leverage various data management tools and applications, including but not limited to MS Access, and MS SQL Server, to support, fix, and extend existing systems.
- Design methodologies for creating and storing data related to policy and strategic initiatives.
- Resolve Jira tickets assigned to you and attend daily stand-ups.
- Maintain application specific Confluence pages.
- Support process design, development, improvement, and implementation/user adoption.
- Support project management activities.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in information systems, computer science, information management, computer engineering, or similar field preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in database design and development
- Knowledge of and experience creating databases, including an understanding of entity relationship models, and creation of primary and foreign keys, as well as an understanding of basic data types and their usage and limitations
- Proficiency in MS Access Database applications design and development
- Proficiency in Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong curiosity and ability to quickly improve efficiency and effectiveness in new tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and stay flexible in a dynamic work environment.
Nice to have skills/qualifications
- Active Government Security clearance
- Experience with MS Access applications that are split-databases with a front-end and back-end.
- Experience with MS Access applications that use MS Access as a front-end and MS SQL Server as a back-end
- Experience with MS SQL Server database management.
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Access Expert certification
- Experience working on Agile projects
- Experience with Scrum software development
- Azure AZ-900 Certification
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of client's opportunities in the evolving world of cloud and digital platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through various services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2020 global revenues of EUR 15.2 billion. Capgemini Government Solutions, LLC (Capgemini GS) is a subsidiary of Capgemini focused on providing high-quality services to the U.S. Federal Government. Learn more about us at www.capgemini-gs.com.
Capgemini has an entrepreneurial environment that embodies the following values: Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Freedom, Team Spirit, Modesty, and Fun. We offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)