Join an Exciting Dental Practice!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Nick Rogers
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
We are a nonprofit, Federally Qualified Health Center proudly serving California’s Bay Area Native Population and other underserved communities. Caring for the Bay Area since 1972, we have worked at local, state, and federal levels to deliver resources and services for the urban Native community. Our relationship with the Indian Health Service (IHS), we are dedicated to providing high quality medical, dental, behavioral health, community wellness, and social service programs.
Why join us?
Our philosophy is that culture is key to prevention. We recognize and respects the culture, identity, and traditions of all people. We utilize a holistic model of care, which treats each member as a whole person, acknowledging and responding to their physical, emotional, spiritual, and social service needs.
The Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) is a key member of the Center's four-handed dental process, and will increase dentists’ efficiency by providing needed support. The primary responsibility of the RDA is to assist dentists at chair-side, and to support departmental staff. The RDA must be professional, objective, and have superior customer service standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support to dentists. This includes following all instructions from the assigned dentist at chair-side.
- Perform RDA functions approved by the Dental Board of California.
- Greet all patients in a courteous, professional, and timely manner.
- Ability to work in the General and Pediatric Dental Clinics.
- Explain plaque control to all patients in a manner that ensures their understanding.
- In collaboration with the dentists, provide oral hygiene instructions to patients and parents/caregivers.
- Apply topical anesthetic as requested by the assigned dentist.
- Check patients; vital signs (i.e., blood pressure, temperature, etc.) as necessary and/or requested by the assigned dentist.
- Prepare operatory for patient reception, according to departmental policy. Ensure operatory is as aseptic as possible for patient welfare.
- Ensure pre-set trays are well maintained, and always ready to be used for
- Proactively review chart notes for the planned treatment, to set up trays
- and operatory appropriately.
- Ensure all materials and instruments needed for providing treatment are ready and available for use.
- Prepare anesthesia for transfer to the assigned dentist.
- Retract oral tissues to increase visual access into the oral cavity.
- Remove excess moisture from the mouth by using hi-vac systems and/or air.
- Properly transfer instruments to dentists while maintaining extremely high attention to detail and adhering to sterilization standards.
- Prepare and properly deliver any required restorative materials to dentists.
- Remove all instruments from operatory in a timely manner and prepare such instruments for sterilization.
- Perform sterilization and maintenance procedure according to departmental policy.
- Assist clinical staff in optimizing patient flow. This will include restocking items, seating patients, ‘floating’, and supporting other dental team members with patient care.
- Keep work area well organized, stocked, and clean always.
- Take impressions for diagnostic and opposing study models.
- Pour impressions with proper stone, package them for transport to dental
- laboratory, and forward to the receptionist.
- Operate digital dental radiographic equipment for the purpose of oral
- Proactively inform the Dental Lead RDA of any supplies that need to be replenished, so a consistent level of supplies is maintained at all times.
- Assist the assigned dentist with referrals, prescription phone-ins, and other processes involved in providing high quality dental care.
- Patient Care: Demonstrate understanding and apply working knowledge of safety policies and ensuring safe patient practices.
- Employee Safety: Safely performs all duties; follows required protective protocols to ensure personal safety as well the safety of others.
- Must maintain compliance with ergonomic safety standards; be mindful of posture and regularly practice ergonomic stretches.
- At all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with supervisors, subordinates, colleagues, clients and the community.
- Engage in outreach and dental treatment off-site at Head Start and other collaborating agencies sites when assigned.
- All other duties as assigned by direct supervisor, assigned dentist and the Dental Director.
1. A high school diploma or its equivalent is required.
2. Must be a licensed Registered Dental Assistant in the state of California.
3. Must have one year of work experience as an RDA.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.