Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Strategy, Digital & Innovation (SDI) team forges the strategic direction of Wells Fargo, provides and manages our digital foundation and common capabilities, and transforms our business models to meet evolving customer needs and grow the company. The investments we are making will help the company create innovative digital banking experiences, and make it easier for customers to achieve their financial goals.
The Digital Data Transmission Team Enables real-time data distribution capabilities across the enterprise that are used to advance customer insights, improve customer experiences, and meet regulatory requirements.
The Digital Customer Interaction Data team is looking for a Digital Consultant, Data Management to join their team. As a Digital Consultant 4, you will be responsible for the management and execution of complex data mapping for the Digital Data River, a streaming data transmission capability. You will work closely with partners to capture and maintain data definitions and metadata. You will contribute to the capability roadmap, performing research on partner needs and vendor capabilities to drive informed recommendations. You will work closely with partners to understand their objectives and provide input and consulting, which will require both an understanding of business goals and performing detailed analysis. This role will consultant and work with cross-functional teams related to data or digital initiatives. In addition, this role will collaborate with Line of Business and Digital business owners, SDI Control Partners, and subject matter experts to document process steps, risks and controls. You will socialize partners on these processes and controls and implement control-strengthening actions. This role will assess process activities and recommend opportunities to automate and identify new processes and launch them into the BPM work stream.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Define and execute the data mapping process for the Data River
- Drive out and maintain detailed data dictionaries, working closely with partners to ensure definitions are accurate and meet governance requirements
- Continually evolve documentation, control processes, and implement solutions based on analysis of partner and governance needs
- Conduct research and analysis on vendor capabilities
- Participate in business requirements and use case creation in conjunction with Product Owners and Business Analysts
- Effectively manage business and risk activities
Location: This role will be required to sit in the posted location. This role may offer the ability to flex to between home and the designated office location based on business need. This role does not offer relocation assistance.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product/program management, digital platforms, or digital consulting demonstrated through work or military experience
- 2+ years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools
- Knowledge and understanding of complex system designs
- Ability to effectively assess stakeholder, partner, or client needs while consulting, building solutions, and developing processes
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with data schema and formats, such as AVRO, Parquet, XML
- Knowledge of Kafka or other data messaging services
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to understand customer impacts, technology impacts, potential risks and issues
- Experience analyzing data (joins, pivots, etc.) using Microsoft Access or similar tools
- Experience understanding and communicating complex information to stakeholders across the organization
- Knowledge and understanding of data management, data mapping and analysis
- Ability to manage process discovery, process modeling, and process improvement activities
- Process improvement experience
- Knowledge and understanding of business process management and improvement (Agile Management, Lean Six Sigma)
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
AZ-Tempe: 1305 W 23rd St - Tempe, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.