Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Strategy, Digital & Innovation (SDI) team forges the strategic direction of Wells Fargo, provides and manages our digital foundation and common capabilities, and transforms our business models to meet evolving customer needs and grow the company. The investments we are making will help the company create innovative digital banking experiences, and make it easier for customers to achieve their financial goals.
People's relationship with their money runs high with emotion. Too little money and anxiety creeps in; too much money and confusion present itself on how to protect it. We believe we can temper some of these highs and lows by creating honest, simple, and human digital experiences for our more than 30 million consumer or small business customers and team members. Join us and have a positive impact on the financial lives of these people.
The Lead Product Designer partners with Product Management and Engineering Leads, overseeing a set of scrum teams to deliver a great customer experience. The Lead Product Designer also works with other Lead Product Designers to ensure a coherent end-to-end user experience. Success comes from understanding the customer and business needs, strong collaboration with your peers, thoughtful planning and coordination across scrum teams, taming complexity for our users, and overseeing shipping delightful and empowering product experiences.
This role does not have direct reports, but is expected to provide direction, guidance, and mentorship to more junior designers on their team.
Who you are:
• You're a multifaceted practitioner with proven success delivering great experiences that cross mobile, web, and beyond. You have expertise in Interaction Design and Visual Design, and strengths in adjacent areas such as Product Strategy, Information Architecture, Content Strategy/UX Writing, User Research, and Prototyping.
• You tame complex problems and emerge with elegant solutions and excel at being the design point-person across a set of cross-functional teams.
• You are detail-oriented but also keep the big picture in mind. You develop a strong point-of-view and articulate robust design rationales.
• You bring cross-functional teams together through a facilitative leadership style.
• You spend considerable time not just solving problems but framing them for your teams.
• You're comfortable working across a few connected work teams and enjoy collaborating with a wide range of product managers, developers, business analysts, and designers to create the best customer experience.
• Finally, you are organized and like getting things done. You are energized by shipping and you have clear examples of measurable impact.
What you will be responsible for:
• Leading the delivery of great experiences, in partnership with your cross-functional peers and the larger design team, in the areas of online and mobile banking, payments, financial education, and onboarding
• Develop and articulate the methods and approaches for framing and solving design problems.
• Overseeing the creation of, and potentially creating yourself, common design deliverables, including: Research Insights, Flows, Wireframes, Design Specifications, Prototypes, and Content Decks
• Providing mentorship and other guidance to help designers deliver their best work.
• Partnering closely with product managers, scrum masters, developers, researchers, business analysts, and legal/compliance, from aligning on customer and business goals, to articulate a program of work to achieve those goals, to managing expectations about design deliverables, to shipping the ultimate experience.
• Working with designers across scrum teams to estimate and scope design work, keeping designers accountable for delivering work in a timely fashion.
• You will practice facilitative leadership to enable smooth and productive collaboration with product development peers and key stakeholders, driving towards solutions that incorporate a wide range of inputs, and resulting in others learning from you and inspiring others to want to work with you.
• Working with scrum team designers and product owners to review and critique the details of the design deliverables and user stories, posing questions and resolving ambiguities.
Where needed, supporting the grooming of user stories with the scrum teams and identifying design-related user stories in the backlog.
- 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product/program management, digital platforms, or digital consulting demonstrated through work or military experience
- Financial services industry experience
- Leadership experience
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong presentation skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 6+ years' experience producing mobile and web products that lead to measurable business / customer impact
- 2+ years' experience working in an agile environment, with distributed teams and agile delivery tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence)
- Of the following skills, demonstrated mastery/expertise in 1, and strength in 2 more: : Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Visual Design, Content Strategy, and User Research
- Experience driving design through the full product development cycle (discovery, concepts, prototypes, specs)
- Consistently articulate a strong design rationale; storytelling skills that compel stakeholders; connect design decisions to broader strategic and business decisions
- Experience managing creative design efforts in a complex environment
- Expertise with common design tools (e.g., InVision, Sketch, Photoshop)
- Knowledge and understanding of agile/scrum project management principles: managing design efforts on projects from beginning to end; that vary in scope and complexity
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
CA-SF-Financial District: 525 Market St - San Francisco, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits for benefits information.