About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.97 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights, and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Corporate Strategy, Digital and Innovation (CSDI)
The CSDI Team is responsible for corporate strategic planning; defining and managing digital platform standards and capabilities; and managing innovation priorities, opportunities, and companywide efforts to drive transformation. This team works closely with the company's Technology Group and business lines to deliver digital solutions and innovation to customers that are integrated, intuitive, and seamless across channels.
This leader will be a critical member of the Virtual Capabilities executive leadership team within the Digital Platforms Group, which provides enterprise-wide strategy, capabilities business planning and delivery, thought leadership, customer experience and innovation in the areas of identity management, authentication, document management, interaction data, alerts and notifications and content management.
Specifically, this role will define the strategy, opportunities and business outcomes/KPIs for Identity Management capabilities at Wells Fargo across identity validation and verification for both consumers and businesses, as well as providing an exceptional experiences for consumers as they become customers. This spans all retail channels (i.e., Call Center, Branch, ATM, Mobile and Online) as well as supporting the needs of all retail lines of business (LOBs). This role will be required to provide thought leadership across the industry (both financial services as well as FinTech) and within / across Wells Fargo in determining opportunities we must pursue in order to meet our business outcomes and goals for the channels and LOBs we serve.
This is a highly visible role driving high-impact customer and business outcomes that requires enterprise-wide partnership, collaboration, leadership and influence.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as conduit to key strategies and trends in the overall identity management space, both external and internal to Wells Fargo, and beyond the Financial Services space (e.g., FinTech)
- Developing an enterprise-wide identity management strategy and associated business outcomes, with input from channel and LOB executives; socializing to gain executive buy-in on strategy
- Leading the identity management agile model across the empowered value stream and scrums, with clear KPI and outcome-based prioritization at the scrum level
- Identifying business outcomes and KPIs for identity management; the capability priorities that support them; and the reporting and analytics we need to understand the progress we are making
- Partnering with development and business architecture SMEs to assess our current capabilities, business architecture and go-forward strategic architecture for identity management.
- Delivery of identity management epics and features in alignment with strategy and KPIs/outcomes
- Lead omni-channel customer experience definition, delivery, and innovation in this space in partnership with technology and experience design partners
- Partnering and collaborating proactively and effectively with critical partners including, technology, design, PMO, risk/control, compliance, information security, fraud, lines of business and other intersecting subject matter experts
- Actively participate on the Virtual Capabilities executive leadership team
- Manage, develop and grow team of over 30 resources
The successful candidate for this role will demonstrate superlative collaboration skills in partnering broadly with other leaders to achieve success, coupled with the ability to lead delivery that drives high-impact business and customer results. This role requires a leader with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. The role requires a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement while making difficult decisions based on a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgement.
- 10+ years of leadership experience
- 10+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product/program management, digital platforms, or digital consulting
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience developing multi-year, complex enterprise wide strategy for digital capabilities and platforms; manage associated socialization, collaboration and influence in setting broad strategic direction across all channels and LOBs
- Excellent strategic communication skills that create alignment and influence
- Exceptional leadership ability – both in leading their team, influencing the overall Virtual Capabilities leadership team, and leading in a matrixed environment with a broad set of partners.
- Keen eye for detail and ability to drive forward programs that result in delivering progress against business KPIs, metrics and team goals.
- Proven ability to drive change and success in fast paced environments, with flexibility to adjust as appropriate.
- Ability to monitor identity management, digital and fraud trends to determine new strategies and potential business impact.
- Ability to serve as a consultant to business partners to identify needs and define strategies that present quantified solutions.
- Proven history as a highly influential and collaborative leader.
- Experience in the Identity management, Fraud and Authentication capabilities space.
- Knowledge and understanding of how strategies are translated into a strategic roadmap and business outcomes/KPIs
- Financial Services experience
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
- Other Wells Fargo locations will be considered
- Up to 25%
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.