Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Director, Business Human Resources
Develops, leads and drives the delivery of innovative, high quality and measurable HR results for client areas.
Provides strategic business human resources support for US, Canada and Latin America Commercial leaders and their sales and marketing teams. This role will also assist the DVP Human Resources in the support of the VP of Global Commercial Operations as required.
- Key member of the ADC HR team, participating in the formulation of human resources strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Partner with leadership of the client area to lead, direct, evaluate, and develop their team(s) of leaders to ensure ADC’s human resource strategy is implemented effectively, consistently, and according to established guidelines and budgets.
- In addition to the day-to-day HR leadership of the client area, the role will incorporate strategic and policy thinking, development and delivery that will positively impact ADC’s performance.
- Direct a range of human resources management solutions through partners in centers of expertise for optimal and tailored results that drive the business.
- Responsible for the implementation of company-wide human resources policies and procedures.
- Ensure all activities and programs related to human resources are implemented in accordance with ADC’s human resource strategy.
- These may include: recruitment, training, compensation/remuneration, benefits, performance evaluation, organizational development, relocation, equal employment/affirmative action, health, safety and wellness, human resources administration, human resource information systems, payroll, employee communications, employment/industrial/labor relations.
- Contribute to strategic planning and decision-making at the Divisional VP level, so that the organization's human resource strategy is aligned and collaborates with other business strategies.
- Represent the organization in interactions with external parties and suppliers in order to protect the organization’s interests and reputation.
- Minimum 10 year’s experience in human resources. Ideally in a critical partnering role.
- Experience in consulting with and coaching senior leadership in HR strategy development and implementation.
- Experience supporting commercial activity and sales and marketing teams is preferred.
- Bachelor's and master’s degree(s) preferred.